Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Someone call a tow truck for the....tow truck.
#1

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.collegehumor.com/?pg=towingmishap">http://www.collegehumor.com/?pg=towingmishap</a><!-- m -->
Reply
#2

This is possibly the best picture ever. [Image: 04.jpg]
Reply
#3

That is amazing. Thanks for sharing!

I'm no physics whiz, but I would have thought once the car was out of the water the hard part was over...I'm amazed it got that far and THEN collapsed.
Reply
#4

Not Good

I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Reply
#5

Too cool! :lol:
Reply
#6

:lol:

Why not just call the second truck in the first place?
He is clearly better.

:thumb:
Reply
#7

Yeah something I don't get is why both trucks parked with the car near the dropoff. Shouldn't elemental physics dictate you place the cab at the opposite end of the levered weight? Hell, the first guy might have survived unscathed if he'd parked facing away from the water!

As it is, something must have happened as he swung the arm. Once you factor in the forces of resistance as the truck pulls the car from the water, he really shouldn't have let it all go after the car was that far up. I wish there was a picture in between the crucial two!
Reply
#8

grooveless touque Wrote:As it is, something must have happened as he swung the arm. Once you factor in the forces of resistance as the truck pulls the car from the water, he really shouldn't have let it all go after the car was that far up. I wish there was a picture in between the crucial two!

Exactly. The little car should've weighed less at the height he pulled it up to than it did when he was first pulling it out of the water cuz all the water would've been drained out. Plus, that tow truck weighed more than that little car. So how the hell did that happen? It must've been the ledge near the water or something. Plus, the guy should've let it go as soon as he felt his truck lifting off the ground. He does do this for a living so he would know by now the feeling of his truck unless he was new on the job...

There has to be another variable to factor in. Or that event defies basic universal laws.
Reply
#9

lord brazle Wrote:Plus, the guy should've let it go as soon as he felt his truck lifting off the ground. He does do this for a living so he would know by now the feeling of his truck unless he was new on the job...

There has to be another variable to factor in. Or that event defies basic universal laws.
I don't think stupidity defies any universal laws...and I think we can agree this guy was friggin' stupid. Musta been one of these "no job too big what my ass can't handle" cowboys. 50 people watching? What the hell are you gonna do, say "uh...I don't think I can deal with this."

As George Carlin said, think about how stupid the average person is...and then think 50% of them are stupider than that.

But yeah, you're right, I'd love to know what the critical factor in the imbalance was. I don't think the fact that the truck has no anchors or legs (you know what I mean, I don't know what they're called) helped much...it would lean sideways given the malleability of the rubber tires, which are the only thing keeping it on the ground! Maybe some of the tires on the downside burst?
Reply
#10

I think the deciding factor for the first tow truck tipping over was the angle at which it was parked. If you look closely you can see that its not parked parallel to the water's edge and that slighty tilted angle is enough to throw off the distribution of weight, combined with the location of the crane on the truck.
Reply
#11

Yeah I saw that on one of my car forums the other day. Morons
Reply
#12

That may have been one of the funniest things I've seen in a while! Thanks for that!
Reply
#13

here's another similar picture that i came across today.

[Image: whatttt.w492.jpg]
Reply
#14

That's insane!
Reply
#15

That happened in southern ontario, a few weeks ago, they needed a second crane two get this one upright again
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)