I saw Velvet Revolver a few weeks back at Kool Haus in Toronto.
Here is a review I posted on another board...
Yep, I saw them Friday!
Unbelievable show. Was 3 rows from the stage directly in front of Slash and my body is still paying from being tossed about. Very wild crowd!
![[Image: happy.gif]](http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/happy.gif)
Scott was his usual madman self and Slash was just incredible at times.
![[Image: slash.gif]](http://www.velvetrevolverforum.com/forum/images/smiles/slash.gif)
They were extremely loud and in-your-face the entire show. Hopefully the hearing in my right ear will return to normal.
![[Image: ohwell.gif]](http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/ohwell.gif)
Their original songs were very good, with "Set Me Free" and "Slither" the highlights. "Illegal I" is a very heavy song and "Fall to Pieces" is a ballad Scott wrote about his recent troubles with the law and separating from his wife for a bit. The STP and GNR covers were good as well, but IMO seemed out of place and made you yearn for the actual original respective bands performing them.
After the show, I got tipped off by one of the security guards about an after-show party at the Bovine (Queen & Bathurst) and ended up getting in and getting Scott, Slash and Dave's autographs. Earlier in the day I had gotten Duff's and Matt's autographs at the Edge 102 studios on Yonge.
Here's the setlist (pretty standard so far for this tour):
-Sucker Train Blues
-Do It for the Kids
-Headspace
-Crackerman (STP cover, Scott introduced it as an obscure 60's hit by Herman's Hermits )
-Illegal I
-It's So Easy (GNR cover)
-Fall To Pieces
-Big Machine
-Set Me Free
-Used to Love Her (GNR cover)
-Slither
-Sex Type Thing (STP cover)
-Mr. Brownstone (GNR cover)
-Negative Creep (Nirvana cover)
The opening band Silvertide was quite impressive as well. I had never heard any of their music before, so I wasn't sure what to expect.. but they played an extremely high energy 6 song set and got a great response from the sellout crowd. They are all great musicians and the lead singer plays the crowd very well. They play very 70's type 'arena rock'. Similar music to early Aerosmith and the Faces, with a bit of the Allman Brothers and Black Crowes thrown in. Very retro. They aren't groundbreaking by any means, but they put on an excellent show. I'll also be seeing them when they open for Van Halen in Buffalo in a couple weeks. Their first full-length album 'Show & Tell' comes out the same day VR's 'Contraband' comes out.. June 8th.
If you get a chance, check either of these bands out!