Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Summer Shows?
#31

I will be in the Maritimes in August visiting family – be great if the band was playing a show/s during that time :thumb:
Reply
#32

I place absolutely no faith in anything that the Ottawa Citizen music reviewer/reporter Lynn Saxberg ever brings to the local paper, but an interesting excerpt either way for Ottawa fans...

"So who is coming to Bluesfest? Monahan refuses to drop any hints until his press conference April 25, but I've heard a couple of things and they're not exactly earth-shattering.

There are signs pointing towards safe bets such as the Canadian rock trio Rush, crooner Michael Buble, perennial festival favourites Blue Rodeo and the Tragically Hip, as well as wild cards like the gypsy-punk outfit, Gogol Bordello."

As much as I would love for the Hip to come back to Bluesfest, I would die a happy man if Rush played also... I guess I've got another two months to wait before its announced, but if Rush, the Hip, and Blue Rodeo are on the bill, it is going to be a damn fine July in the Capital.
Reply
#33

I've heard the Hip will be playing a show in Calgary around Stampede time.
Reply
#34

keithtalent Wrote:I've heard the Hip will be playing a show in Calgary around Stampede time.

I'm going to the Stampede this year so please let this be true!
Reply
#35

gentoo Wrote:I'm going to the Stampede this year so please let this be true!
Oh, how I wish I could travel. The Stampede is something I've always wanted to get to... with or without The Hip.
I'm also hoping that I can get out to Van in 2010. That's wishful thinking though. Some people don't like the crowds, but I think it would be fun. I know someone who was in Berlin for the World Cup, and she said it was an amazing time.
Ahh, there's something else to add to my list of things to see/go to before I die! Fifa!

2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
Reply
#36

sean.bonner Wrote:
gentoo Wrote:I'm going to the Stampede this year so please let this be true!
Oh, how I wish I could travel. The Stampede is something I've always wanted to get to... with or without The Hip.
I'm also hoping that I can get out to Van in 2010. That's wishful thinking though. Some people don't like the crowds, but I think it would be fun. I know someone who was in Berlin for the World Cup, and she said it was an amazing time.
Ahh, there's something else to add to my list of things to see/go to before I die! Fifa!

Someday Sean, you will be able to travel. Smile

I have friends in Calgary and for years I've been saying I want to go out there for the Stampede but just never did it. So last fall I decided no more "oh, some day I'll go" and that 2007 was it, I'm going. I can't wait, it sounds like a blast. And if the Hip are there, what a bonus.

I'm also hoping for Vancouver 2010. I figure if I survived Atlanta 1996 then Vancouver should be a piece of cake!
Reply
#37

gentoo Wrote:
keithtalent Wrote:I've heard the Hip will be playing a show in Calgary around Stampede time.

I'm going to the Stampede this year so please let this be true!
Appears to be true:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://cs.calgarystampede.com/entertainment/music/saddledome.html?band_id=5">http://cs.calgarystampede.com/entertain ... ?band_id=5</a><!-- m -->

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/11003E5BA59C9127?artistid=736328&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60">http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/11003 ... orcatid=60</a><!-- m -->
THE TRAGICALLY HIP
ADMITS TO STAMPEDE PARK
PENGROWTH SADDLEDOME
NO CAMERAS OR RECORDERS
SUN JUL 15 2007 7:30PM

The Hip Club Presale:
Start:Tue, 03/13/07 10:00 AM MDT
End:Wed, 03/14/07 10:00 PM MDT
Reply
#38

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
March 5, 2007


The Tragically Hip plays the Calgary Stampede

Calgary – The Calgary Exhibition & Stampede proudly announces that one of Canada’s most popular rock bands, The Tragically Hip, will perform at the Calgary Stampede on Sunday, July 15 in the Pengrowth Saddledome. Tickets go on sale on Saturday, March 17 at 10 a.m.

Formed in 1983 in Kingston, Ont., The Tragically Hip is known for their energetic live performances and unique lyrics. With 12 studio albums, The Tragically Hip has captured the nation with singles like Courage, New Orleans Is Sinking and Fifty-Mission Cap. Touring for their most recent album, World Container, the band continues to play to a huge and devoted fan base. The Tragically Hip was given a star on Canada’s Walk of Fame in 2002 and was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 2005.

“The Calgary Stampede prides itself on having the best in Canadian entertainment and The Tragically Hip is truly on top of the Canadian music scene,” says Paul Rosenberg, senior manager of Stampede Sales & Programming, Calgary Exhibition & Stampede. “What better way to cap off the 2007 Calgary Stampede than with a band that embodies Canadian rock.”

The Tragically Hip tickets are $45 to $79.50 (plus applicable ticket fees), which includes admission to the Stampede on the day of the concert. Tickets will be available online at <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ticketmaster.ca">www.ticketmaster.ca</a><!-- w --> or by calling Ticketmaster at 777-0000. The Calgary Stampede takes place July 6-15, 2007.

This concert is presented by Stampede Concerts Inc., CJAY 92, the Calgary Herald and Global Calgary
Reply
#39

Awesome! I definitely picked the right year to go to the Stampede. Big Grin
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)