Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Yahoo! Instant Search... Beta
#1

Check out Yahoo!'s latest attempt to dethrone Google: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://instant.search.yahoo.com/">http://instant.search.yahoo.com/</a><!-- m -->

Results as you type. It's still buggy, and it doesn't always return the best results (if any) but it's pretty neat to play with.
Reply
#2

I wasn't real impressed but maybe it's 'cause Google has me spoiled. I've used a customized "My Yahoo" start page for years and it's gotten consistently better and more manipulatable so I am a Yahoo fan so I'd like to see the new search feature do well for them.

They also have an upgraded email function (in limited beta release) that I can't wait to try. It's still browser based but llegedly it works a lot like MS Outlook and has drag & drop functionality and instant page loads. I've read some user reviews that say it's better than Gmail & that's saying a lot!

Then again, Google's new custom start page is pretty damn sweet and definitely worth checking out if you haven't already. I wonder how long it'll be before the only player in the game is Yahoogle?

1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)