Posts: 358
Threads: 17
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
Maybe this belongs in Non-Hip discussion (feel free to move it), but....
Sony BMG Music Entertainment will pay a $10-million settlement after an investigation by New York's attorney general uncovered a scheme that paid radio station employees to play certain artists.
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/07/25/Arts/SonyPayola_050725.html">http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2 ... 50725.html</a><!-- m -->
Posts: 8,614
Threads: 451
Joined: Sep 2002
Reputation:
0
This link works better: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2005/07/25/Arts/SonyPayola_050725.html">http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2 ... 50725.html</a><!-- m -->
This might explain why we hear such crap on the radio so consitently. (They even mention Celine Dion, OutKast, Pink in the article.... three that are on my list of crap.)
Posts: 358
Threads: 17
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
sorry. looks like i had a cut/paste blowout.
thanks chris.
Yet the same record companies wonder why people download music.
Posts: 1,879
Threads: 16
Joined: Nov 2004
Reputation:
0
I read another article somewhere saying that... it made particular mention of Jennifer Lopez, whose music lands firmly in the "crap" category as far as I'm concerned!
I do respectfully disagree with Chris that OutKast is crap... they are one of the few rap music acts that are listenable to me... some of their music is actually quite good. But that's just my opinion, to each his/her own, yadda yadda yadda...
Posts: 3,394
Threads: 118
Joined: May 2004
Reputation:
0
Oh man, I thought Sony had some dirt on the Payola$. You've got the eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeys of a stranger.
Posts: 358
Threads: 17
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
sorry to regurgitate this post, but I saw this followup story:
Spitzer says FCC 'undermining' payola probe
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2006/04/03/payola-probe.html">http://www.cbc.ca/story/arts/national/2 ... probe.html</a><!-- m -->