Posts: 674
Threads: 114
Joined: Jul 2004
Reputation:
0
1). Wreck of the Edmund Fitz. No discussion, no arguments. Gord is a legend.
2). Nautical.
3). Downeaster Alexa- Bill Joel. Great song.
4). Jackopierce- "Back next year" excellent tune. Anyone else ever heard of them?
5). Brandy- You're a fine girl. Old school, awesome.
Anyone think of anymore?
Posts: 5,352
Threads: 277
Joined: Jun 2004
Reputation:
0
row, row, row your boat! :thumb:
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Posts: 2,211
Threads: 39
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
Stan Rodgers, an underappreciated Canadian folk songwriter, wrote a bunch of nautical-themed songs. I like "Tiny Fish for Japan," which is about the Lake Erie commercial fishery.
Yep, I agree but never have heard of #4
How about Hard Luck woman by kiss?
"rags
sailor's only daughter
child of the water
too proud of be a queen"
btw, I'm anti-capitalization today for some reason lol
OHhhhh can't forget PASCAL'S SUBMARINE and YELLOW SUBMARINE!!!
I am the walrus?!
:jump
Posts: 652
Threads: 8
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation:
0
Since we are on a Stan Rogers roll anyway, what about "The Wreck of the Athens Queen"? There is something classic in the image of Ready on his dory with a cow and forty cases of Napoleon Brandy.
:lol:
Posts: 1,079
Threads: 101
Joined: Apr 2004
Reputation:
0
I set a course just east of Lyra
And northwest of Pegasus
Flew into the light of Deneb
Sailed across the Milky Way
On my ship, the 'Rocinante'
Wheeling through the galaxies,
Headed for the heart of Cygnus
Headlong into mystery
The x-ray is her siren song
My ship cannot resist her long
Nearer to my deadly goal
Until the Black Hole ---
Gains control...
Posts: 2,568
Threads: 80
Joined: Oct 2003
Reputation:
0
Sinking of the Reuben James
Woody Guthrie (1941)
Tales of Brave Ulysses
Cream (1967)
Wooden Ships
Crosby, Stills, & Nash (1969)
I'm Your Captain (Closer to Home)
Grand Funk Railroad (1970)
Land Ho!
The Doors (1970)
Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Iron Maiden (1984)
I'm sure there are zillions more.....