Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Lowest in the Low in Buffalo
#1

The Low are playing a free in-store at New World Record on Saturday, November 27 at 3pm.
Reply
#2

They are also playing at Club Infinity in Buffalo tonight and tomorrow night. Friday and Saturday.

"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reply
#3

Just caught the Low here in Calgary a few weeks ago and they're in magnificent form. Enjoy the shows, guys!
Reply
#4

They are playing in Hamilton on NYE at the casbah.
Reply
#5

Are they a Lowest of the Low cover band or something? :lol: Tongue
Reply
#6

just got in from the show. It was fanfuckingtastic!!! The boys always leave ya wanting more. All you torontonians should check em out at the Mod Club on Dec 17 with Alun Piggins and the Quitters as the opener!!! its gonna be great.

By the way i think its funny that the low is more popular here in buffalo than they are in toronto, their hometown.
Reply
#7

They are pretty freakin' popular here in Toronto! I think it's just the fact that there are way more people/radio stations/venues here, and by extension more shows coming through Toronto than Buffalo; so the apparent popularity of the Low is distilled.

I heard about the in-store show and concerts on 102.1 The Edge. One of the members of the Low was being interviewed live on the phone from Buffalo.

But either way, you're right, they are great, and seeing them at The Mod Club will kick ass.
Reply
#8

chris, i think that they probably play buffalo just as much as toronto. Im not doubting their popularity but whenever i see them north of the border it doesnt seem to me that the crowd is that into it. BTW, do you plan on taping the Mod Club show?? If yes, do you think you could tape the opener Alun Piggins as well?
Reply
#9

I guess I worded my previous post incorrectly; I should have said, "although I won't be there, for everyone seeing them at The Mod Club will kick ass."

I want(ed) to go, but none of my friends are into them. I'm a fan, but not enough to go it alone.
Reply
#10

gotcha!
Reply
#11

Hey Mike,

Did you happen to note the setlists to any of these past two Infinity shows? If not, any highlights or rarities pulled out? I couldn't make em and was curious. Also, how did the new songs sound since they had a chance to tune them up out west?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanx!
Reply
#12

i only made it to saturday nights show but there were no rarities. Only 1 rusty nails song (turpentine). The new stuff sounded incredible and got a very warm applause from the crowd. They tinkered with a few of the Shakespeare My Butt tunes but they good too.

Drez7 Wrote:Hey Mike,

Did you happen to note the setlists to any of these past two Infinity shows? If not, any highlights or rarities pulled out? I couldn't make em and was curious. Also, how did the new songs sound since they had a chance to tune them up out west?

Any info is greatly appreciated, thanx!
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)