Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hip Tracker Upload: 2004-12-04 - Sydney, NS • DVD
I'm watching the show now. It came out excellent!!! Great job on the production Chris. The format is simple and works great.

...back to the show.

High
dvd looks great, i can only hope the halifax one turned out half as good as this. menu's look solid and the video quality is top notch, only problem is the piss-poor camera work :lol:

for those involved, how is the halifax one coming along? i know those multi-cam's can be a pain in the ass
The tapes of the second angle are damaged internally... so I'll give it my best, but I'll make no promises about if/when.
oh really? thats awful

thanks for the update
I woke up this morning and the dvd finished downloading sometime in the middle of the night. I didn't have a whole lot of time to watch it but I did view one song and went through some of the extra features.

Thanks so much for a great job Chris. That's too bad about the Halifax recording but at least we have one good source and it's better than having nothing at all.

Once again, thanks for all your hard work Chris.

Jamie
chris Wrote:Hey folks... I'm interested to hear what everyone thinks of this disc. I wasn't sure where to put all of the material, but I think that it works.

I'm working on a special project right now, and feedback from this DVD will definitely help me out.

Thanks!

(tigerthelion... I contemplated cutting the video just before you made an appearance, but I kept you in because you really expressed, without saying much, how I usually feel after a Hip show!)

:thumb:
Cool. I hardly recognized myself when watching the post show footage. I really don't sound like that usually. I don't speak with that accent but anyway it's all good. Thanks Chris, it's proof that I was there! Big Grin The quality is amazing!
Chris,

I do have one idea regarding the dvd. If you're going to use special feature in any other dvd you're working on, perhaps from the main menu page, you select Special Features and after clicking on that, the next menu would show Play All and then list the features right after it on the same page.

The way you did it on the Sydney dvd, is that you click on Special Features and then go to the next menu and it says Play All or scene selection and you click on secne selection and then you see what extras there are. There's no way to know what all the features are by just clicking play all in the second menu.

It's merely a thought. Otherwise, great work!!!!
thehip11 Wrote:Chris,

I do have one idea regarding the dvd. If you're going to use special feature in any other dvd you're working on, perhaps from the main menu page, you select Special Features and after clicking on that, the next menu would show Play All and then list the features right after it on the same page.

The way you did it on the Sydney dvd, is that you click on Special Features and then go to the next menu and it says Play All or scene selection and you click on secne selection and then you see what extras there are. There's no way to know what all the features are by just clicking play all in the second menu.

It's merely a thought. Otherwise, great work!!!!
I was going to do that, but it was turning into a bigger issue than I was prepared to deal with so I just left it.

If I can come up with an easier way to do it, I'll do it as you suggested.

Thanks!
Wow! I just finished checking out the Sydney show (a little behind with all the new stuff lately) and what a fantastic job! Audio is great, Video is great, authoring is great! Thanks very much to everyone who participated in the making of this DVD. (I love the pre-show footage!)

:thumb: :thumb:
I just finished downloading this show, and i love the video of the car ride in the car. "Fireworks & Rabbits" This video reminds me a lot of heksenketel. Hilarious. "5 1/2 hours to sydney my ass"
"We promise none of us are gay, we just enjoy some good scenery."

Classic line. I'm dying over here....can somebody get me a tissue?
I'm glad everyone is enjoying the scenery and commentary as we drove along. I was thinking we might look or sound corny but after watching the dvd a couple of times I was laughing about it too. We probably could have had the camera on a lot more, there was a lot of stuff we missed or didn't take footage of. Next time! Smile

High
i watched the lion's share of the disc last night.
the disk looks great - the quality of the show is amazing, and the extras were a cool addition that you don't get to experience very often. officially released stuff basically never has anything like that, so it was neat to see that stuff!

i gotta say, i keep on being impressed by the quality of stuff that comes from this site!
hip fans are the luckiest on earth, not just because they get great music from the hip, but because there are soooooo many talented people bringing us exciting things that they worked their asses off on.
so kudos to all involved in this, and every other hip project that i've gotten to enjoy!

rivum
rivum Wrote:...

i gotta say, i keep on being impressed by the quality of stuff that comes from this site!
hip fans are the luckiest on earth, not just because they get great music from the hip, but because there are soooooo many talented people bringing us exciting things that they worked their asses off on.
so kudos to all involved in this, and every other hip project that i've gotten to enjoy!

rivum
As much as I agree with you that there is a lot of great stuff becoming available, I am somewhat disappointed with the fact that it seems to all be coming from a selct few. Is this truly indicative of The Hip's fanbase, that aside from a few dedicated fans, most only hold a passing interest and aren't interested in contributing anything to the community?

And now back to the point of this thread... the inclusion of some fan perspectives/pre-show stuff/etc gives the DVD personality.
Chris said

Quote:As much as I agree with you that there is a lot of great stuff becoming available, I am somewhat disappointed with the fact that it seems to all be coming from a selct few. Is this truly indicative of The Hip's fanbase, that aside from a few dedicated fans, most only hold a passing interest and aren't interested in contributing anything to the community?

I think it all boils down to time and money. If I had more money and time, I'd gladly go buy a video camera and spread the music to people. Another time issue, is spending the time to make the dvd's, the audio recordings, running websites, etc etc.

Some fans like yourself Chris, put time and effort into the hip community. It's not to say that other hip fans aren't as dedicated, but perhaps financially strapped or lacking the time and drive to contribute to the community. Just my thought.