Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hip Tracker Upload: 2004-12-04 - Sydney, NS • DVD
chris Wrote:As much as I agree with you that there is a lot of great stuff becoming available, I am somewhat disappointed with the fact that it seems to all be coming from a selct few. Is this truly indicative of The Hip's fanbase, that aside from a few dedicated fans, most only hold a passing interest and aren't interested in contributing anything to the community?

What do you define as contributing to the community? I have been trading Hip boots for a over 10 years now. Recently I sent a Hipbase member 4 recent DVD's for free, as well I have been giving close friends free boots for quite a while. It almost seems silly to me to do B&P's anymore with CD's being so cheap, and I like to think of that as one of the ways I can contribute.

I have never had the money to purchase quality equipment to record and I didn't want to use a shitty mic and create a crappy bootleg that people would never listen to...there's enough of those floating around. Now I have a wife and 7.5 month old daughter, so my time is pretty well taken up with that. As it is, my wife and I have an ongoing struggle over the amount of time I put in downloading and burning shows for myself and others, nevermind any more to edit recorded audio or video.
I think chris means that he wishes the task of recording and seeing shows was more widespread among the community. He was not attacking anyone personally for not contributing more.

That being said, this is the wrong place for furthur discussion on this topic.

Sydney DVD anyone?

LOBSTER SUPPERS!!!
beanmedic Wrote:I think chris means that he wishes the task of recording and seeing shows was more widespread among the community. He was not attacking anyone personally for not contributing more.

That being said, this is the wrong place for furthur discussion on this topic.

Sydney DVD anyone?

Give yourself 10 tool points for speaking for somebody else, and 10 more for being so anal about the flow of this thread.

You're right that he wasn't attacking anyone personally, he was making a hasty generalization that attacked everyone who doesn't conform to his idea of a contributing member of the Hip community.
Ummm..........I don't recall chris saying "Billy, why don't you record shows and seed them?"

I did speak for chris, and i feel that he will agree with my statement. if he has a problem with what i said, then he can let me know. this thread is about the SYDNEY DVD. Stop being a dick.
beanmedic Wrote:Ummm..........I don't recall chris saying "Billy, why don't you record shows and seed them?"

I did speak for chris, and i feel that he will agree with my statement. if he has a problem with what i said, then he can let me know. this thread is about the SYDNEY DVD. Stop being a dick.

Yeah, as I already stated, he didn't target specific people, but the group as a whole.

...and any time someone suggests that I may not be a dedicated fan because I don't "contribute" the same way they do, well that's just bullocks.
How about that Sydney DVD?!?!? Rory's camera work is amazing!! Check out the pre-show laughs everyone!!!

Jamie
thehip11 Wrote:I think it all boils down to time and money. If I had more money and time, I'd gladly go buy a video camera and spread the music to people. Another time issue, is spending the time to make the dvd's, the audio recordings, running websites, etc etc.

Some fans like yourself Chris, put time and effort into the hip community. It's not to say that other hip fans aren't as dedicated, but perhaps financially strapped or lacking the time and drive to contribute to the community. Just my thought.
Jamie... aren't you the guy who went on a few serious roadtrips to see th band... aren't you in the DVD from Sydney, NS??

So I disagree with you; I read plenty of stories on here about fans going on elaborate road trips to see the band in US cities. That takes time and money.

But let's start a new thread for Billy to jump on my thoughts, beanmedic to speak his, and Jamie and I to discuss.

This thread is about the Sydney DVD... which I really enjoy.
Quote:But let's start a new thread for Billy to jump on my thoughts, beanmedic to speak his, and Jamie and I to discuss.

I'd rather not do that. I don't like confrontation at all. I'm here to discuss the hip and have fun.
Jamie is a fake fan. Sydney was really his first show, that's why he was so excited. Lies. All lies. His real passion is The Dears.
PROOF

Here he is last month when he met the Dears. Look how excited he is.

[Image: bandshot.jpg]
Beanmedic, that's the funniest thing I've seen all day. YOu're my hero.
Finally got around to watching this tonight...well done all involved!

It's great to be able to put a face to you guys. I quite enjoyed the pre-show footage, in particular the fan interviews before the show. The dude with his sons is fantastic.

It would be cool to hear what a band member thinks of this...any thought of sending it to them, or hand delivering it after a show?
I talked with Gord S. about getting these recordings to the band and he said to send them to the management company to his attention and he would definitely get them.
--------
I recall that someone, Jeffro I think, gave the Edgefest DVD to the guys when they were at 102.1 The Edge. Did anyone get any feedback on it?

I gave the Wasaga DVD to Gord S. at Golfapalooza; and heard later that when asked by other Hipbasers if he'd watched, he hadn't.

Later... through another Hipbaser and his ex-NHL'er friend - who is also a close friend of the band - the band watched it and enjoyed it. They were also excited to hear that there was a fan DVD of the show in Detroit. Apparently that show had some special meaning to them. The ex-NHL'er picked up a copy of the Detroit DVD and was going to be visiting with the band this month. I haven't heard back from him yet.
------
I would defintely like to hear what the band thinks of these productions.
that's great new chris, i love to hear feadback from the band on what they think of hip fans, their interst in the band, or their work in the hip community. anyone please keep us updated.
Ya I threw the Edgefest DVD into Gord's hand at the 102.1 Studios...

Doesn't Hold a candle to what you are putting out now though : )

I think it's good to get all these in their hands though... we'll get some feedback or a BAND MADE DVD out of it all some day....