Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Original Live-Aid...Complete
A reply from my post on Everyday Jones. Anyone familiar with Azureus?

Direwolf - I don't know about other clients, but Azureus will allow you to specify individual files that you do and don't want to download, and to prioritize (high/normal) those files that you do want to download. When I was getting the LiveAid torrent, I prioritized the Who and Zeppelin tracks (and everything I've heard about Zeppelin's performance is true.. They sound like a really terrible cover band).

Just look at the track list on the first page of this thread, and you'll be able to tell which tracks you should set to high priority, and which tracks you should either set to Normal priority or Do Not Download priority, and you'll be able to get only the songs you want.
"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
Billy Wrote:
chris Wrote:soquester... I think you're right; and as copyrighted material, Everyday Jones shouldn't be hosting the download.

Hello pot, kettle here...

Would all the Hip videos not be copyrighted material, and as such, should they be distributed on your tracker? You were also OK with distributing the Ottawa DVD with the Livedownloads audio. I know you decided against that, but only after others here spoke up.

Before you get too defensive, I'm only pointing out the hypocracy of your post here.

I said, "I think you're right" (reserving my right to look into it further.)

The Hip videos are copyrighted material, but since these were all recorded for personal use through legitimate media outlets (MuchMusic, etc) I considered it to be the same as recording a song from the radio - which is legal (as I understand the law), and can be shared.

I don't think that there was any falseness or hypocrisy in my statement; rather your prerogative to jump on another one of my posts, and condemn me.

At the time of my post, the source of the recording was unknown to me, and as such, I decided to post my opinion.

--------

If we were at a large conference, perhaps some sort of discussion forum, would you stand up in the middle of the room, point at me, and state that I'm a hypocrite? I doubt it. But here, people do it everyday. What a strange world we live in. Next time, if you have a beef with something I've posted, send me a PM.
i was at live-aid that hotter than hell july day. what a great show. i've been waiting for some dvd or audio to surface and finally its out.
i reached for it at the store and got my hand smacked and my girlfriend muttered something about Santa so i guess i'll get to re-live it in a few days. as for the "zeppelin" portion it was perhaps my greatest moment at a rock concert. as phil collins announced page, plant, and jones the noise level was the loudest i ever heard. i recently downloaded the full zeppelin set with an interview to boot.
they were pretty sloppy. page was hammered out of his mind and plant had problems with monitors and his voice didn't warm up till the last tune. but i'll never forget that moment.......then they break into "Been a long time since i rock n rolled...........
wow.........just awesome.
gibbytime39 Wrote:...i reached for it at the store and got my hand smacked and my girlfriend muttered something about Santa...

Sounds like she's a keeper, gibby! That's cool as hell that you were at the show and you related the feeling exceptionally well; for a very brief moment I almost felt like I had been there!
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton
I actually taped (cassette) the entire Live Aid show when it was broadcast live on the radio...something like 12 full 90 minute cassettes... it started at 8am our time and ended at around 11 I believe.

I'm glad the dvd is finally out! It is defenently a "retro" concert for most people nowdays but It's worth the trouble or the $$$ to have it. Some performances truly sucked (Dylan, Duran Duran, the Who) but others really shined (Queen, Boomtown Rats, Elvis Costello, Pretenders).

The Queen portion on the DVD is not edited at all. All songs are there (each group got 20 minutes). This performance is one of the most incredible 20 minutes I've ever seen of any band anywhere..No Joke. Mercury is at his peak.

Fun looking back at all the mullets too! What was Bono thinking???
[...[/quote]

Sounds like she's a keeper, gibby! That's cool as hell that you were at the show and you related the feeling exceptionally well; for a very brief moment I almost felt like I had been there![/quote]

i remember bringing in vodka in water bottles thinking it would be a wild party. but sitting in a stadium at 95 degrees and no clouds in the sky for more than 12 hours you start to realize how great water really is.
i ended up dumping the vodka and getting water. people were dehydrated so bad and sleeping in the areas under the stadium. the sun was just starting to go down as the three remaining members of zeppelin took the stage. as for a post that the band was embarrassed that phil collins was the drummer i dont think that was the case at all. collins was robert plants drummer for his solo tour. i think they were embarrassed of the performance. but being there i didn't notice any of that at all. the only thing i remember was seeing one of the greatest bands of all time playing for the first time in 6 years. i watched a page/plant dvd from 1995 and they were sounding great. who knows they still might do some kind of reunion. them and pink floyd with roger waters. to bad we couldn't throw in the clash too. :thumb:
I know Im dating myself here but, I did actually see the Clash 1982 @ the Grand Circus theater in detroit. Un-frickin-believable show. 2 hours + of solid Clash tunes, loud and in your face. They were awesome. Joe Strummer passing away has to be an all time low in pop/rock music for me.... Sad
i also seen the clash in september of '82. after that show they were the only band that mattered for years. joe strummers death also was my low point........that was one reunion that could have worked and the band could have still made relevant music.
{i wipe the tears from my face and put "london calling" on the cd player,crack myself a beer and toast joe, wherever he is, a happy new year}