Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Introduce Yerself
Hi there folks! Mike here. Been tracking the Hip since I mistook Last American Exit for a Doug and the Slugs tune back in '87. Became totally hooked during my impressionable (read: University) years in Kingston in the late 80s/early 90s. Seen the boys at least a dozen times over the years, most recently at the ACC on the "Evening with..." tour (I'm kicking myself for missing the Aug 1/2 shows!!)...

My wife and I have two young sons (4 & 2), both budding Hip fans, the older of which already knows all the words to Grace, Too and 50 Mission Cap (Go Leafs Go!), and besides the Hip, my musical interests stay pretty much within the borders of the Great White North (Watchmen, OLP, 5440, Rush, Great Big Sea, etc...)...

See you on the 'base!

Great site Lance...Keep up the good work!

Mike.
Hi my name is Ron . I live near Rochester, New York. Have been a hip fan since up to here.
I've been on this board for a while now and haven't introduced myself. My name is Mike, 21 years old, and live in Orchard Park, NY...just south of Buffalo. I am a fairly new fan of the Hip! They are by far my favorite band (others I like include OLP, Lowest of the Low, Finger Eleven, Dave Matthews Band and The Sheila Divine). I got into the Hip my freshman year at SUNY Geneseo, listening to stuff like ABAC and Fireworks, but now am a fan of every damn song! Still working on getting my girlfriend to listen to the Hip, Ja Rule amd JLo just don't do it for me, sorry. I am now a senior at Geneseo and a math major with secondary education certification. I also play college hockey for Geneseo, a sport which I live for and have been playing since I was 6 years old. I must say our team is getting much better since my freshman year (all those Candian recruits seemed to have helped!) I have been to 5 hip shows and plan on many more. I am also just beginning to get into collecting bootleg hip shows and videos...the collection is small but is quickly improving. Anyways, I love this site and am always checking up here for up to date info on my fav band!
Greetings

My name is Christopher. I've been a hip fan for quite a long time.
I reside in Burlington, Vermont. A close neighbor to Canada !
I really enjoy the live hip vibe !

Shows attended:
Higher Ground- Winooski VT 6/17/00
Burlington VT Preimere Boat Cruise 6/21/02
Somerville, MASS (I should've been @ all 3!) 6/27/02

Shows attending (both shows not yet announced):
Syracuse NY, 10/05/02 (I got third row center seats!!)
Memorial Auditorium, Burlington VT - 10/8/02 & 10/9/02
Yes, I am no longer in denial...I AM A NEWBIE!!! Just signed up about five minutes ago...I am a HUGE fan of The Hip, I think that's why I am here... My name is Head Crusher and I'm crushing your heads!!! Mwahaha.. Actually most call me Amanda...
I'm Darrin from Toronto. I have been into the hip since hearing Smalltown Bringdown. I have seen the hip about 20 times from Portland, Maine to Portland, Oregon. I am also a huge Rheostatics fan, ... and Phish, and Genesis, Radiohead, Wheat, Marillion, REM, Neil Young, Tom Waits, Tempus FugitSmile, Spoons, Men Without Hats, The Verve, The Who, The Stones, Fishbone, Beck (Howie and Hanson)....... Christ, I like a lot of music.... No wonder I never have any money....
I'm Jeremy, I'm from Norwich, England and divide my time at the moment between my home town and Durham where I attend the apology of an educational institution that is that City's university. I was introduced to the Hip in 1998 while I was in Toronto, around the time of the release of Phantom Power, and have seen them live ten times in my twenty years upon this planet...

Pine Knob 1999/07/31
Toronto 1999/12/31 (so many cool moments at this show)
Toronto 2000/01/01
London 2000/06/08
Philly 2000/07/26 (the best)
DC 2000/07/27
DC 2000/07/28
Harrisburg 2000/08/02
Wantagh 2000/08/03
Hartford 2000/08/04

I have tickets to both London shows for this tour, and will probably get a ticket to Cardiff as well.

My favourite album is Henhouse, my least favourites are the EP and Music @ Work. At the moment my favourite songs are Opiated, The Luxury, Daredevil, 700 ft. Ceiling and The Darkest One.

Other bands I like: I'm big into Weezer at the moment (Pinkerton is one of the best albums ever), also Sonic Youth (best album: Washing Machine), Smashing Pumpkins (Adore), U2 (Achtung), Muse, EARL BRUTUS etc. I used to be in a band called The Bishop Fuckers, and am currently in a band called Kefranski who will be rocking the www with their presence forthwith.
Confusedhock: this is like some get to meet people thingy. lol yea so about me.....mmm yea ok just signed up to this message board a few weeks ago or last week maybe anyways! iam shannon from nova scotia ive been to the hip for (none of your damn business) since...like95, 96ish but before that aways thought blow at high dough was one awesome song! (who couldnt?) yea so anyways anybody that saw hip in halifax in june ya gota email me or somthin ok some of my fave bands are hip of course , barenaked ladies, dave matthews band, the beatles, travis, all that good stuff. that's all for now. your all awesome awesome people! :wink: i adore u all just as gord adores us all as he said in halifax and if you werent there then he doesnt love you na na na! :lol:
My name is Chad. I am 27 living in the Buffalo area. Just recently enjoyed the awesome Darien Lake show on 9/1. From what I see on this forum, I guess I would be an infant seeing only 15 shows! This looks like a great site guys I will definately be back to check things out. Hope to make contacts in the future.

Cheers,

Chad
Hows everyone

My name is Norm and I'm 33 living in Newmarket Ontario. Been a Hip fan since 89 and have seen the band going on about 3 dozen times. My girlfriend/fiance/wife is not a huge fan but I'm slowly convincing her! Shes now been to 5 shows with me with one of the Hummingbird shows coming next month. I'm going easy on her by going to the first Hummingbird gig with a friend LOL. I took her to both Amphitheatre shows in August and that just about killed her! Big Grin

Anyways....I am a big fan of Hip fans and the little community we have forged here on the net and in real life....youre all good people!

See you in October!

Norm
Hey
I'm Dan, live in Brampton, love to play hockey (goalie's rock)
I've been a hip fan for about 8 years or so, not bad considering i'm only 20. So far I've converted about 5 people from absolutley detesting the hip into hip fanatics. Both my older and younger brothers are both hip fans. So far i've been to 8 shows with 2 more on the way (oct 15-16) The Hip are the best thing to happen to Canada since hockey.
Hello all! My name is James, and I live in Sudbury, Ontario. I'm a mining engineer, and am currently spending my working hours toiling away at 4500 feet underground. I'm getting married next month, and besides tring to feed my Hip obsession, the wedding plans are taking up most of my time.

I'll be 25 in a couple of weeks. Despite my young age, I've been into the Hip since '89. My older brother listened to UTH a lot at the time, and as a kid I always tried to like what ever he did! Being the youngest of 7 kids, I never did listen to the same music as my friends (thank God!), I was into the stuff that my siblings listened to.

I've seen the Hip only 6 times so far, but I've got tickets to both Hummingbird shows. I can't wait!

I love hockey, and I love the Leafs. Talk to you later,

James.
Lance Wrote:Whats do you do? Where are you from? Why do you love the Hip?
General stuff Smile

:lol: I am impreesed with this....I wished I new of this earlier...I have been a hip fan since 1988...I am a 39 yr old engineer, I am from victoria BC and love the hips music and everything about them....I have seen them three times!
Hello! My Name is Ken,

Ken.
Howdy! I never introduced myself... I've just been so excited over the novelty of this message board! :lol:

My name is Lesley, and I live in Mississauga, On. There was not really an exact moment when I became a Hip fan, but it was sometime during Trouble at the Henhouse. I remember always hearing three songs in a row played at work, but only after the store was closed. I don't know why, or what radio station, it was some sort of wierd phenomenon?! :twisted:
I will be quite honest, and I know this is shocking, but August 1st was my very FIRST time seeing them live. I have had all of the albums for years, but I never went to see them. I loved it... the best thing ever!
More about me... (so we can give some context to the people on this board) lol I am a student at York University and I am majoring in Communications and English. Other favourite artists of mine include: Radiohead, Nirvana, Sarah McLachlan, Sarah Harmer, Pearl Jam, Led, etc etc... Oh yes, and I love hockey... (Go Habs Go)

See you on the board!!! Tongue Big Grin