Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIP LIVE SERIES VOL. 2 & 3 TO BE RELEASED SHORTLY
thats teh same response I go too... thier site says wtihin 48 hours... most shows.

Its been a week, ive pre paid.. I want my concert... hehehe

Im hoping it goes up sometime today.
**twidiling fingers**
I'm extreamly bored! So here are some quotes from the London show!!

"Even though you don't have a lake! You can still have lake fever, and not even fu**ing know it!!" -lake fever

"it's a good feeling, untill almost 700 feet" -700ft

"Where do you think your going? Stand there, and act like a man"
-100th meridian

"For hockey players, and thier girlfriends everywhere!! For hockey players and thier boyfriends everywhere!!" -abac

"So this next one, is about a...a guy going door to door selling fear! As if that can happen!" -scared

"Down at the speedway! Same old trgically hip, thing" -blow

Highlights for me, were:

- I love the 100th meridian rant!
- After all the rants that Gord makes fun of the microphon stand, he says thanks to it for saving his ear piece & box....
alright Ive given up on this, its 8 o'clock friday night, doesnt look like its gonna happen, I hope its up before monday. Sad
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Not unless livedownloads.com works weekends.

It'll be Monday. Seems the Hip's management these days has a thing about raising expectations and then falling short....
what a dissappointment...the signs at the show said by Friday, the website said one week (which is today).....what the hell is the holdup???? Why not just release the show already!!!! The Hip FINALLY come back to London, play on my 27th Birthday, and get us all excited about releasing the show right away....only to leave us hanging......Come on TTH, give us Fans what we want....
jgardz Wrote:what a dissappointment...the signs at the show said by Friday, the website said one week (which is today).....what the hell is the holdup???? Why not just release the show already!!!! The Hip FINALLY come back to London, play on my 27th Birthday, and get us all excited about releasing the show right away....only to leave us hanging......Come on TTH, give us Fans what we want....
Chill out. It's only been a week. Delays occur. A year ago the only recording you might have been able to get was a fan recording. Be thankful that The Hip are trying something new to deliver more of their music to their fans.
Plus with all the new stuff over at the hip tracker! That should help you pass time by, untill the SDB versions are out. : )
hipfan39 Wrote:Plus with all the new stuff over at the hip tracker! That should help you pass time by, untill the SDB versions are out. : )
How could I forget the tracker?? In fact, the show in question is available right now: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://tracker.hipfans.com/torrents-details.php?id=41">http://tracker.hipfans.com/torrents-details.php?id=41</a><!-- m -->
D'oh! I forgot about that whole weekend thing :nooooo

Oh well, I'm keeping busy with that Bill's Bar show from the PP tour, just downloaded it the other day at it rocks :music

hopefully monday :thumb:
Look Chris, I don't need to hear you talking down to me just cause I said I was dissappointed the shows aren't available yet.....I know how lucky we as fans are to even be able to get the shows in the first place, so get off your soap box...I've just been counting the days since the show, and then friday came and went, without any sign of the shows...not even a post on thehip.com with an explanation...but seriously, don't bother slamming other people who aren't as patient as you...be excited is a good thing not a bad thing, and few things in music excite me like the hip...I've seen em more than 20 times over the past decade or so, and I still get excited today as I did back then....
jgardz Wrote:Look Chris, I don't need to hear you talking down to me just cause I said I was dissappointed the shows aren't available yet.....I know how lucky we as fans are to even be able to get the shows in the first place, so get off your soap box...I've just been counting the days since the show, and then friday came and went, without any sign of the shows...not even a post on thehip.com with an explanation...but seriously, don't bother slamming other people who aren't as patient as you...be excited is a good thing not a bad thing, and few things in music excite me like the hip...I've seen em more than 20 times over the past decade or so, and I still get excited today as I did back then....
Let's review what you said:
In an earlier post, jgardz Wrote:what a dissappointment...the signs at the show said by Friday, the website said one week (which is today).....what the hell is the holdup???? Why not just release the show already!!!! The Hip FINALLY come back to London, play on my 27th Birthday, and get us all excited about releasing the show right away....only to leave us hanging......Come on TTH, give us Fans what we want....
That's a lot more than just saying you are disappointed. And secondly, to condemn me for "talking down to you" in a post where you are clearly trying to do the same is just ludicrous.

I don't think I need to spell it out any more than this. If you are so anxious to get the show, pre-order it from livedownloads.com and download the free fan recording from the Hip Tracker. But to make a post like you did, on any band's fan forum, is sure to illicit some sort of response. Afterall, isn't that why you posted?
All I said was I was dissappointed that the posters at the show said it would be up by Friday, and the website said within a week...and now that time has come, and still no shows....that is all I said....lots of other people have posted similar statements, and you don't make any comments towards them...and as far as saying that I was talking down to anyone, I fail to see where that could be true...I didn't place blame on anyone or denegrate anyone....all I said was put up the shows already....I didn't mean to come across as ungrateful or in anyway insulting to anyone, and if I did so, I apologize....I just want to be able to hear my shows from the high-quality soundboard recordings...not to take anything away from the recording available on the hiptracker (which i already have and am thankful for)...so let's stop wasting our time sniping and bitching... I just hate it when people take what others say and jump on them for it without reason...
I'm 7'6" and I'll talk down to anyone I please! :roll:

To all who pre-ordered and can't wait / are pissed, request your money back. Easy.
For what it's worth, several of the shows that are available at the Hipfans.com Tracker are damn near soundboard quality and well worth the effort to download and seed.

Those that aren't can be edited / improved with a variety of software that's specifically engineered for such tasks. A decent WAV editor or bundled program that includes one is worth the investment. Hell, with a little time, I can make almost any show sound like it's a soundboard recording.

Personally, I keep from getting antsy by keeping my expectations low and reflecting on the days when it was nearly impossible to get high quality live recordings without waiting for some kind, industrious soul to set up a B&P tree. Keep on mind that in the 90s, "high quality" had a much different meaning than it does today.

I'll wait as long as it takes. Truth is, I've downloaded several audio and video torrents that I haven't had time to listen to or watch so I have plenty to keep me occupied.
1995-04-07 Toledo | 1996-06-29 Toledo | 1996-11-23 Detroit | 1998-08-22 Toledo | 1999-02-12 Auburn Hills |
1999-05-05 Grand Rapids | 1999-07-31 Clarkston | 1999-12-31 Toronto | 2000-01-01 Toronto |
2000-06-14 Pontiac | 2000-07-15 Clarkston | 2000-12-02 Detroit | 2002-08-31 Clarkston |
2004-09-18 Detroit | 2007-04-12 Detroit | 2009-05-29 Detroit | 2012-11-28 Detroit | 2016-08-08 London | 2016-08-16 Hamilton