Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
HIP LIVE SERIES VOL. 1 NOW RELEASED
highlander Wrote:Will you delete the show and discard the cd's (if you burned them) if a new clean file is not made available and you get your refund?

High

If I get my refund, yes I will delete and throw out any copies of the show I have. I hope it doesn't ever come to that and they deliver the product they are supposed to deliver.

Edit:
I just read this off the Livedownloads site...
2.8 Terms Relating to Refunds. All purchases from <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.livedownloads.com">www.livedownloads.com</a><!-- w --> are non-refundable.

So I can rule out a refund, and thus there is no worry about me discarding anything.
I emailed livedownloads.com regarding the faulty track (disc 2, track 6 Heaven is a better place today). They emailed me on Monday, asking me to try and re-download the track. I did, and it was still faulty. I let them know this, and they just emailed me today to tell me that the file was indeed corrupt, and has been replaced with the proper .flac file. Each time they responded to my emails, they had extended the download period in which I could get the track. I just downloaded the file today, and it decoded & played perfectly. My suggestion to everyone who downloaded the concert and still has the glitch in the track, would be to email livedownloads.com and let them know you need the replacement file.
As srb just posted, I also wrote in about the problem, and Fred from Livedownloads emailed me a little while ago to let me know that the track was fixed and my d/l time had been extended.

I downloaded it, and it decodes fine.

So, thanks to Livedownloads for fixing the issue and making a good copy available.

If your time has run out, make sure you email them so you can log in and get it.

Also, thanks to Highlander for upping the fixed file (which I have now removed from the 100th). He also upped a label for the show which I moved into the Photos folder.

The show is great, and I can't wait to hear more.

Take it easy,

Jerremy
jerremy Wrote:As srb just posted, I also wrote in about the problem, and Fred from Livedownloads emailed me a little while ago to let me know that the track was fixed and my d/l time had been extended.

I downloaded it, and it decodes fine.

So, thanks to Livedownloads for fixing the issue and making a good copy available.

If your time has run out, make sure you email them so you can log in and get it.

Jerremy

Ditto for me...
I just got the new file, and everything works great.

I still wonder why they don't include a FLAC fingerprint file????
i finally got heaven after many tries well third time making disk two is fantastic now no more glitches

ron
Question: Do I need my confirmation code to request extra time? I'm at work and don't have it with me. To further complicate things, I used my hotmail account for livedownloads but I cant seem to get into my account from home, just work. Thanks all.

ETA: I assume you are all using the customer service form from the site? Or free-form email? Is there an email addy you all use?
The only glitch on my copy is gord singing makeshift... Smile
Man he must of felt like an idiot. Funny how he doesn't mention it after the song is over.
PurposelessPlay Wrote:Question: Do I need my confirmation code to request extra time? I'm at work and don't have it with me. To further complicate things, I used my hotmail account for livedownloads but I cant seem to get into my account from home, just work. Thanks all.

ETA: I assume you are all using the customer service form from the site? Or free-form email? Is there an email addy you all use?

Follow the links at livedownloads.com for customer service. I quoted my confirmation code in my original email.
Thanks srb. I will get my conf code tonight and send it off via the site.
RE: FLAC fingerprint file

FLAC has a built in fingerprint (although an additional external fingerpring file is sometimes included as well) - if you use Flac Frontend, you can just choose the files you want to test, push the test button, and it'll verify integrity from the built in fingerpring file.
joshwayy Wrote:The only glitch on my copy is gord singing makeshift... Smile

If this were Rush (my other band), there's no way in hell the show would be released as they are so over-the-top anal.

I'm glad The Hip aren't like that. Missed lyrics (or a wrong chord, busted drumsticks & guitars strings, etc.) are part of a live show and I think a recording is more 'authentic' when these things are left as is instead of overdubbed after the fact.
Do I have to print out the covers right now - or is there a way to save them?
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Try "right-clicking" on the links from livedownloads.com and choose "save as". I saved them to my hard drive first & then printed them out. I'm not sure if you can print them again once your download period has expired.
What response time should I expect re: corrupt file?

I sent in my request through the site, choosing the category Help with a Purchase, thinking those would get the quickest response, and I filled in the form with a detailed description. Got an automated form letter response back immediately. Replied to the email with another description and have yet to receive a response or an extension. I did this last night and I know customer service was open another 2 hours minimum. Is this par for the course for what you all have gone through?