Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2004-07-11 - Wasaga Beach DVD
Chris,

I've created the empty folder called AUDIO_TS

Can you tell me what exactly this empty folder does for the dvd?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Jamie
awesome dvd chris thanks

i have a link for people with macs who need help burning the dvd

i wish i was at wasaga for this show
well worth the wait :thumb:
Great DVD Chris...thanks a ton!

Since i'm graphically challenged, does anyone have any good artwork or covers they've created for this show?
thehip11 Wrote:Chris,

I've created the empty folder called AUDIO_TS

Can you tell me what exactly this empty folder does for the dvd?

Just curious.

Thanks,
Jamie

It is for DVD Audio.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.videohelp.com/dvd#struct">http://www.videohelp.com/dvd#struct</a><!-- m -->
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/dvdaudio/whatisdvda.htm">http://www.hifi-writer.com/he/dvdaudio/whatisdvda.htm</a><!-- m -->

As Chris mentioned, some DVD players might look for this, and if it is not there it will register a disk error.
I'm glad that everyone is enjoying the DVD! Thanks for the kind words.

There is one small glitch, that happened during the recording process. During Summer Is Killing Us my camera stopped recording for about 12 seconds. The tape kept rolling through the camera, but no new image or audio was captured. I had to cut the 12 seconds out as it contained the footage that was previously on the tape - which would've looked very strange had it stayed in.

Other than that, everything that happened is on the DVD. During the first encore break I had to switch tapes, so you will notice a small jump/cut.

Girls, please stay on the ground. Getting up on someone's shoulders ruins the show for everyone behind you! (And a recording, as you can see at a couple of points, specifically during Fire In The Hole)

Billy Wrote:Great DVD Chris...thanks a ton!

Since i'm graphically challenged, does anyone have any good artwork or covers they've created for this show?

A killer package is in the works. "mansized eldorado" has committed to putting this together. He is the guy who took all of the SLR pics, and has a knack for graphic design. I'll post it here as soon as it is done.
I finished downloading the dvd sometime in the middle of the night then woke up a half hour earlier then normal, burned the show and watched a couple songs before getting ready for work. Chris, I must say you've done an outstanding job. The slide shows are really cool. Really great job transitioning from picture to picture. The Menu selection screens with background music....VERY Well done as well. The sound turned out really good and I could finally hear what Gord was saying during a few rants!!!

Although I'm done downloading the show, I left Torrent Storm seeding on super-seeder mode. It looked like a few people were still downloading the show when I left work so go crazy. If you haven't started downloading this from bittorrent, jump on it right AWAY!!!!! Thanks again Chris for all your hard work. A 5 day turn-around is un-heard of.

Jamie
Thanks Jamie.

On a side-note regarding Bit Torrents and seeding. Only the person who originally seeded the show should use Super-Seed mode. Everyone else should just seed regularly. The torrent spreads faster that way.
Quote:On a side-note regarding Bit Torrents and seeding. Only the person who originally seeded the show should use Super-Seed mode. Everyone else should just seed regularly. The torrent spreads faster that way.

Thanks for the tip Chris. I will change this when I get home from work today.

One other question, have you decided to rip just the audio from the show so you could listen in your stereo/car?

Jamie
Just had time to load up the DVD, and boy what a great job on the menus! I see you used a Mac for this. Was it all with iDVD?

Did you also use a tripod?

Thanks again!!
First off, I am thrilled that people are enjoying this DVD. Please share it with you friends, as I think it really captures the energy of the show, and the high entertainment value that the band provides on stage. Additionally, it further emphasizes the need for a professional Hip DVD.

------------------------

I plan on having the audio ready for distribution this weekend. I am going to tweak the levels a bit before sending it out.

I'll post the link to the torrent in this thread.

------------------------

This entire project was made using iMovie and iDVD on a PowerMac G4 - transferred from the camera via FireWire (approximately 30Gb for the complete show.) Due to the length, I had to record in LP, instead of SP, but the loss in quality is negligiable; mainly because this was an afternoon show, with plenty of natural lighting. The show was recorded with a Panasonic MiniDV camera mounted on a monopod. I held the monopod above my head, and tilted the viewscreen on the camera down so I could see it. Imagine a periscope on a submarine.

I braced the base of the monopod against a fence, but when the crowd got a little excited, the fence shook, which is evident in the footage. The security staff wouldn't let me bring in my "plastic/cheap" tripod, but they were OK with my superlight, super-strong, aluminum Manfrotto Pro Monopod. Bizarre!
Great job Chris, another thumbs up here :thumb: for the job you did with the wasaga dvd, and in such short time too! I went over to my friends house( Gratts99) and watched it with a few friends, and got a copy for myself. It is amazing, especially cool since I was at the show. I think everyone on hipbase should chip in and pay you to go to every show and video tape them. lol how's that sound. :wink: Anyways keep up the great work!
I finally got around to watching the DVD. Very nice, Very Very Nice. You did a very nice job.

Does a cover exist for this show?
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
"mansized eldorado" said that he would put something together. he's on his way over to my place right now, so I'll get an update.
Great job on this DVD. :thumb:

I have downloaded this DVD, but unfortunately don't have a DVD burner Sad I have checked out the first bit of the DVD and it looks great!

Is anyone willing to do a B&P for this show? It doesn't have to be right away, but I would really like to get a hold of this DVD to watch on my TV and listen through good speakers eventually.

If anyone is willing to do a B&P for this DVD, please PM me.

Thanks.

(I left my bit torrent window open after getting the files downloaded, so hopefully that helps out some others that are downloading it.)
Chris, awesome job! what a great show! Just bought a DVD burner. I had no problems burning the video portion of the show. When I try to burn the pictures I get a message saying not compatable. Can anyone help a Newbie out? I'm using Nero.