Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gord Downie Vinyl
arewhyehen Wrote:I ordered the Glorious Sons new album around the same time and still haven’t gotten that either...

At least for that one they sent an email saying the shipment from the pressing plant was delayed -- now it looks like they have received the shipment...so only another 2 or 3 months until they mail us a copy! I also ordered The Union at the same time, which is now sold out, and I'm betting because my order was waiting for the new LP to arrive I'll be out of luck.

Maple/Merchmrkt had been pretty reliable until now -- likely my last order through them.
edgoffin Wrote:
arewhyehen Wrote:I ordered the Glorious Sons new album around the same time and still haven’t gotten that either...

At least for that one they sent an email saying the shipment from the pressing plant was delayed -- now it looks like they have received the shipment...so only another 2 or 3 months until they mail us a copy! I also ordered The Union at the same time, which is now sold out, and I'm betting because my order was waiting for the new LP to arrive I'll be out of luck.

Maple/Merchmrkt had been pretty reliable until now -- likely my last order through them.

I ordered the KTL/SOAS 7" and Union repressing separately from the new album so I got those just before Christmas. I would think they would have set aside your order if you have paid already.
I arrived home to find my copy of the Grand Bounce had been delivered, so I assume most people still waiting for it should see it any day now.
kieffer Wrote:I arrived home to find my copy of the Grand Bounce had been delivered, so I assume most people still waiting for it should see it any day now.

same here... finally

Ordered late September in order to have in time to give as a Christmas gift
kieffer Wrote:I arrived home to find my copy of the Grand Bounce had been delivered, so I assume most people still waiting for it should see it any day now.

+1
Is The Grand Bounce reissue 33 rpm or 45 rpm (like the original pressing).

Just curious
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
33rpm
UPDATE....Awesome news. I ordered and the conquering sun from Amazon.ca when it was announced it won’t be repressed. It said it was 2-3 weeks for shipping..I had no hopes at all of getting it..it was a lot longer than that but they just charged my account and sent me a shipping notice. So stoked. That’s the last of them for me now..

$35 with tax and shipping. Go get it if you missed out on this too...
arewhyehen Wrote:UPDATE....Awesome news. I ordered and the conquering sun from Amazon.ca when it was announced it won’t be repressed. It said it was 2-3 weeks for shipping..I had no hopes at all of getting it..it was a lot longer than that but they just charged my account and sent me a shipping notice. So stoked. That’s the last of them for me now..

Got it! Came in early today! Woohoo. I now have all Hip and GD on vinyl.....except Dougie Stardust Sad
arewhyehen Wrote:UPDATE....Awesome news. I ordered and the conquering sun from Amazon.ca when it was announced it won’t be repressed. It said it was 2-3 weeks for shipping..I had no hopes at all of getting it..it was a lot longer than that but they just charged my account and sent me a shipping notice. So stoked. That’s the last of them for me now..

Where did you hear it wouldn't be repressed?
Joe Wrote:

Where did you hear it wouldn't be repressed?

See my post on the previous page
here’s a lot of material that he was doing all along, a lot of material that he created after he found out he was going to die, and just a lot of archival material. There’s just a lot of Gord to keep going.” — Patrick and Mike Downie
redhill Wrote:here’s a lot of material that he was doing all along, a lot of material that he created after he found out he was going to die, and just a lot of archival material. There’s just a lot of Gord to keep going.” — Patrick and Mike Downie

Intriguing! Do you have a link to this interview?

**Edit** Nevermind, I found it.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/juno-awards-private-ceremony-1.4591917">http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/ju ... -1.4591917</a><!-- m -->
no biggie, ref : the battle of the nudes ; my digital download url could not be displayed/found

that happen to anyone else?