Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tix Buying Strategy
Anyone care to share any ticket buying strategies?
Will the presale have the map to pick ticket, or we pick Best Available?
I am assuming there's no map.

I've been practicing on TM, and if one were to use the map, the captcha comes after you pick the tickets.
If we use Best Available the captcha comes before searching for tickets
Not sure which one would be faster, but in a presale this could be a moot point.
I'm honestly suffering from anxiety over tickets. I will take off work and fly to any show I can get tickets for. I will pay any price. What do I do?
NegPhil Wrote:I'm honestly suffering from anxiety over tickets. I will take off work and fly to any show I can get tickets for. I will pay any price. What do I do?

Same. I'm so nervous, keep telling myself maybe I'll be in luck because I only need one ticket, and almost everyone else is going for more. Maybe.
Across The Causeway '04 | Big Music Fest '08 | Kingston '09 | Bobcaygeon '11 | Cobourg '13 | Bluesfest '13 | Danforth Music Hall '15 | Kingston '15 | Bluesfest '15 | Toronto I '16 | Toronto II '16 | Toronto III '16 | Hamilton '16 | Ottawa '16 | Kingston '16
My strategy? Just make sure I'm logged on right before 10 am Monday morning, keep hitting refresh, and pray to the rock n' roll gods that everything works out.
10 is 8am in Alberta/NWT right?
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
8am in Alberta. Am I the only one googling to make sure there's no secret daylight savings time in effect? - lol. so nervous!
My anxiety is over being in the states and using ticketmaster.com not .ca. Have serious doubts right now . I'm not old or young but hate technology. But I really wanna go home to Victoria and see this. I've been in the us since 91. Never seen a show in Canada. Didn't need to. Until now . Good Christ this sucks! Not the missing the last tour part. This situation is just is fathomable
Summiteer Wrote:10 is 8am in Alberta/NWT right?

Onsales are always local time. So it's 10 unless they screw up. Which happens.
I'm trying for 5 shows, taking care of my camp first then I will try to top up as much as possible. All my extras, if any, will be available for sale to Basers with a descent post history.
"we've only got three hundred feet to go ..."
Just noticed that they have a ticket limit per household.

only 4 tickets per household, or Ticketmaster may cancel all of your tickets.

Great to keep ticket scalping scum away, terrible for me buying for my regular group of Hip concert friends.
NegPhil Wrote:I'm honestly suffering from anxiety over tickets. I will take off work and fly to any show I can get tickets for. I will pay any price. What do I do?

Just pick a city and go for it, come to London I'll show you around.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
My strategy? Tell all my friends that want to go with me (because they love Hip and know my Hip thang too) that I will definitely go with them, however they have to be 1000% on it for the pre-sale and general on-sale. I'll be clicking frantically too.

And I guess we will just see what happens.

Fuck this is awful. I just bought my first car and was excited to be able to tour hop to selected shows and a fan club album release show for the first time, and would have seen these guys 3-5 times on the tour for an amazing new album. I genuinely hope that some of us old school Hipbasers get there. In the perfect scenario I would be there, knowing all my Hipbase chat friends for the past 12 years were all there too.

Like, give us a couple of rows in the far back in the nosebleeds. aaaaarrrrrghhhhh.

So nervous.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
I'm in Buffalo and have always been ok with .com before. Anyone see a reason this would be a problem?
bstrauss24 Wrote:I'm in Buffalo and have always been ok with .com before. Anyone see a reason this would be a problem?

I dont see a problem, its all there on the site.
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
MountainHip Wrote:Anyone care to share any ticket buying strategies?
Will the presale have the map to pick ticket, or we pick Best Available?
I am assuming there's no map.

I've been practicing on TM, and if one were to use the map, the captcha comes after you pick the tickets.
If we use Best Available the captcha comes before searching for tickets
Not sure which one would be faster, but in a presale this could be a moot point.

I recommend letting TM pick the seats for you. When using the map, they will not be held for you until you pass the security bot test.

When seats are first on sale, lots of fans will be clicking on same seats. By the time you pass the security screen, the map seats you clicked on will most likely not be saved for you. When TM picks seats for you, they give only you a set # of minutes to pass security test and to buy those seats ( if any are still available).