Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Now For Plan A - Oct 2, 2012 - 11 tracks
So Johnny Fay reveals to Bookie that the album will have 11 tracks and will be called "Now For Plan A"

Due October 2, 2012

confirmation from Bookie's twitter:

https://twitter.com/#!/BookieAtNight/sta...9488556032

*Update: official email is now out and on thehip.com

consider this your official "Now For Plan A" thread :music
Sweet!
Interesting title. I like it.
it's not even summer yet........i hate waiting
Anyone have the audio of the interview Johnny did on The Edge? Checked the edge site and nothing is up yet.
Well that could set the stage for a Fall/Winter tour! Nothing like the Hip for Christmas! Rock on!
Listening to the interview, I think it's "Now For Plan A." No "And," despite what Bookie put on Twitter.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
Like the title — although I really liked "Lost Signal", too. I sorta wish they had picked that up!
longseason Wrote:Like the title — although I really liked "Lost Signal", too. I sorta wish they had picked that up!

:thumb:
will any of the other <new> tunes played live be the second single...and are they all part of the 11 songs on the "Now For Plan A"...

...Thoughts?
kulpie Wrote:will any of the other <new> tunes played live be the second single...and are they all part of the 11 songs on the "Now For Plan A"...

...Thoughts?

No official word. But I'm guessing Streets Ahead and Drip Drip Drip will both be tunes on NFPA.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
kulpie Wrote:will any of the other <new> tunes played live be the second single...and are they all part of the 11 songs on the "Now For Plan A"...

...Thoughts?

im sticking to my previous thoughts,those other 2 songs do not make the cut and certainly not on a heavier edge album,they are more like nursery rhymes compared to At Transformation.
BIGVDOGG Wrote:

...Thoughts?

im sticking to my previous thoughts,those other 2 songs do not make the cut and certainly not on a heavier edge album,they are more like nursery rhymes compared to At Transformation.

I agree with the Bigvdogg. Those songs were so weak I was worried about the direction the new album was going. All I know about this producer is he works with that band named after the dude from Hardcore Logo and Metric. I'm relieved to hear such big balls on At Transformation.

...Thoughts?

My 2 cents on the other new songs we've heard so far:

Drip Drip- Love it. Really hope it makes the final cut.
Streets Ahead- not overly fond of this one. I'd be ok if it was left off the album. (although I should probably reserve final judgement until I hear the studio version)
Man Machine Poem- should definitely make the album. Very cool tune.
Forever- another cool song that will likely make the final cut.
Tracks are finalized.
Album just has to be mastered.
looking at a September release.
Album title not definite yet.

98.9 The Drive: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://soundcloud.com/rockinreid/reid-chats-with-tragically">http://soundcloud.com/rockinreid/reid-c ... tragically</a><!-- m -->
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana