Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
the ol' tales from the hip newsletter
That was great, Best thread ever. What a great read. I would even read it again but I gotta have a bath and my laptop is not good in water.
Thanks to Thompson Girl:

.png   image.png (Size: 15.71 KB / Downloads: 147)
Tales from The Hip

Hi Folks,
It’s been awhile since we’ve written to you. Here are a few things that we’ve been up to over the last few months.

CBC Kingston Show Rebroadcast
Broadcast
This Saturday CBC will be rebroadcasting the Kingston show commercial free. Tune in at 8pm, 9pm Atlantic, and 9:30pm in Newfoundland to watch the final stop on the Man Machine Poem tour. CBC will be streaming it globally on the CBC Music Youtube channel.

The Tragically Hip Documentary
Documentary
The documentary based on the Man Machine Poem tour is currently being finished. If you haven’t seen the teaser yet, watch it here.

Stay tuned for the full trailer on July 1st. The film will be out this fall.

Newstrike
Newstrike
We are excited to be partnered with Newstrike.

Stayed tuned for more updates, as things keep growing.

Order of Canada
Governor General
Gord received the Order of Canada during the Indigenous Leadership ceremony on Monday.

Rob, Johnny, Gord S and Paul will receive their Order at a later date. More Information.

MMVA for Best Rock/Alternative Video
MMVAs
Congratulations to our friend Max Montalvo on his work on In A World Possessed By The Human Mind. He picked up the MMVA for Best Rock/Alternative Video.

Man Machine Poem
LiveArt Music Images
We are pleased to bring you two Official images from the Man Machine Poem Tour, released with David Bastedo through LiveART Music Images.

MMP LiveART Music Images
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Reading those early dispatches made me nostalgic for the Downie of that era, who seemed to have lively prose and verse just pouring out of him! Not that he hasn't been prolific thereafter, but I dunno - there's a special energy and enthusiasm in that stuff, the vibe of a young artist exulting in his own powers. Thanks.
Some fun stuff there

Great
*bump*... in honour of the author of "Tales from the Hip", Dave "Two Dogs Fucking" Powell.