Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hiptracker down???
anyone else not able to access the tracker tonight? :censored
+1

Did anything from last night hit the tracker?

EDIT: also, in my torrent client (uTorrent), my two items from the hiptracker (D1 and D2 DVD of buffalo 12.20.00) turned to red. D1 is zipping along at ~80k/sec, and D2 is done, though.
Over 40,000 without power in Toronto tonight, I'm assuming Chris is one of those. Nothing from last night but i posted at 2007 buffalo show this morning, check it out when it's back up! :thumb:
The storm took out the power here until around 4am. I will restart it this morning.
i shoulda known...London didn't get it too bad, but apparently Michigan got hammered by it too..
Our power went out around 6pm. At 11:30pm it came on for a moment - just long enough for our hard wired smoke alarms, and house alarm to go off for a second. And then it went out again. Until 3am. At which point both alarms chirped just loudly and long enough to wake me up. Again.

The server usually restarts automatically after a power outage so either the power is still out at my office, or there is another problem. I'm headed up there within the hour and will get it sorted out.
The tracker will be down at least until tomorrow. The power in our building is cooked. The electricity makes it to the building, but something inside is fried. They're working on it.
chris Wrote:The tracker will be down at least until tomorrow. The power in our building is cooked. The electricity makes it to the building, but something inside is fried. They're working on it.
thanks chris...hopefully by then, friday's show will be ready for sharing..hint hint!
jgardz Wrote:
chris Wrote:The tracker will be down at least until tomorrow. The power in our building is cooked. The electricity makes it to the building, but something inside is fried. They're working on it.
thanks chris...hopefully by then, friday's show will be ready for sharing..hint hint!

It's ready now... and I might upload it for web download instead... might.
chris Wrote:
jgardz Wrote:

It's ready now... and I might upload it for web download instead... might.

I vote for Web download, because the Tracker is like trying to do an Astrophysics test written in Navajo, and in #1 font size, which is a physical impossibility.

(or maybe I am just an idiot, there is always that possibility)

P.S.
Thanks, Chris(and all those who contribute)from all of us Hip fans, we probably don't say thank you nearly enough.
Either way - tracker or web - thanks to Chris for getting us this killer material year in, year out and with amazing turnaround time. Let us not forget that it was only a scant few years ago that B&P was still considered a fantastic way of collecting shows. The Hip Tracker is a PHENOMENAL resource, and I appreciate it.
briansmccabe Wrote:Either way - tracker or web - thanks to Chris for getting us this killer material year in, year out and with amazing turnaround time. Let us not forget that it was only a scant few years ago that B&P was still considered a fantastic way of collecting shows. The Hip Tracker is a PHENOMENAL resource, and I appreciate it.

i've said it before...and I'll say it again....Chris, and everyone else associated with the tracker, hipfans, and of course, the hipbase, have helped provide me with such amazing access to this band, and the awesome community of fans. Cheers
It's now back up...no April 24th show (yet)....glad to see all is working again
jgardz Wrote:It's now back up...no April 24th show (yet)....glad to see all is working again

Yes it is, and yes it is. Look closer.
Sweet! Thanks for that, Chris. :thumb:

TG Wrote:I vote for Web download, because the Tracker is like trying to do an Astrophysics test written in Navajo, and in #1 font size, which is a physical impossibility.

(or maybe I am just an idiot, there is always that possibility)

P.S.
Thanks, Chris(and all those who contribute)from all of us Hip fans, we probably don't say thank you nearly enough.

Seriously, torrents and trackers are really not that hard. Smile