Poll: Which song do you think is the weakest from the weakest links?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I'm A Werewolf, Baby (is the strongest)
0%
0 0%
Born In The Water (is the strongest)
25.71%
9 25.71%
Impossibilium (is the strongest)
11.43%
4 11.43%
Coconut Cream (is the strongest)
0%
0 0%
Wild Mountain Honey (is the strongest)
0%
0 0%
Are You Ready (is the strongest)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Summer's Killing Us (is the strongest)
28.57%
10 28.57%
Pretend (is the strongest)
2.86%
1 2.86%
Frozen In My Tracks (is the strongest)
5.71%
2 5.71%
The Modern Spirit (is the strongest)
5.71%
2 5.71%
Hot Mic (is the strongest)
17.14%
6 17.14%
Total 35 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Weakest Link - The Weakest Links - Round 3
We have The Rules taking third as we head to round 3.

1 - Another Midnight and Lionized
3 - The Rules

For the last of The Hip Weakest Link polls, we are going to turn the voting around; instead of voting for the song you think is the weakest, you are going to vote for the song you think is the strongest. We will then eliminate the song with the most votes and continue until we are left with the "champion" - the weakest song in the discography.

Vote for the song you feel is STRONGEST from the list. After 48 hours we will remove the song with the most votes and move on to round 4. In the event of a tie, both (or more) songs will be eliminated.

This round will end Thursday at 10:08am Eastern.

Happy voting,

Shane
How is Summer's Killing Us gonna win anything?
Wait, I am confused, are we voting for the weakest of this list like before, or which one we think is the strongest out of the remaining? If weakest, how in hell is Werewolf not being decimated here?
cochise Wrote:Wait, I am confused, are we voting for the weakest of this list like before, or which one we think is the strongest out of the remaining? If weakest, how in hell is Werewolf not being decimated here?

Pretty sure it's for which song is the strongest. I voted for Impossibilium this round. Love that song!
Chris Tanz Wrote:How is Summer's Killing Us gonna win anything?

because even though it is a terrible song, it is is better than those other really terrible songs :lol:
mark Wrote:

because even though it is a terrible song, it is is better than those other really terrible songs :lol:
I think it's a great song, but people (including me) are just put off by Gord's post-PhantomPower habit of "artfully" drawing out syllables, ie pra-ay-ay-ay-ay-aaaaaa-sis. I really wish he had left that staccato, off-meter vocal styling for his solo albums. It tainted many a great Hip song. I love everything else on SKU, lyrics and music included. I especially love the chord change into "A time for more to happen sooner".

If GD had just sung it straight I doubt SKU would even be on this list.

Because its winning 4th strongest place in this poll. Or should I say 11th weakest ?

Poor reading comprehension apparently.
Hot Mic, Impossibilium, and Born in the Water are empirically better than SKU, and I will brook none of the usual disagreement!

ct
There were 2 hipbasers who pretended and weren't ready to vote. Weren't ready weren't ready to vote. The pretenders, we'll call them. Maybe they could have saved hot mic (great drums) or born in the water from being subjected to another round. Instead, they froze summer in it's tracks, killing us.
Scotty12 Wrote:There were 2 hipbasers who pretended and weren't ready to vote. Weren't ready weren't ready to vote. The pretenders, we'll call them. Maybe they could have saved hot mic (great drums) or born in the water from being subjected to another round. Instead, they froze summer in it's tracks, killing us.

Were they ready? Were they ready were they ready to vote? To vote? To vote? To vo-o-ote?

Barf emoji.

ct
Chris Tanz Wrote:Hot Mic, Impossibilium, and Born in the Water are empirically better than SKU, and I will brook none of the usual disagreement!

ct

100% this.

:thumb: