Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maplemusic.com stole my money!
thompson girl Wrote:I think people need to keep in mind that Maple Music is not a huge enterprise.

Maybe so, but when they're the sole provider of Hip merch they should either expand as necessary, or the Hip and other bands should use someone else as a distributor. 90% of the customer experiences about them on here are negative.

I tried to order the Heksenketel VHS years ago. After about 2-3 months of waiting and several un-returned phone calls, they finally called me and said it was incorrectly listed as being in stock and they didn't have it. It took a few additional calls to get them to refund my money. It's shitty but I'd rather buy something off of ebay or kijiji, get it at a show, or contact Will Ruocco directly to order a poster, which I have done in the past and he was really good about it. I'll never buy anything from Maple Music ever again.
emperor penguin Wrote:
thompson girl Wrote:I think people need to keep in mind that Maple Music is not a huge enterprise.

Maybe so, but when they're the sole provider of Hip merch they should either expand as necessary, or the Hip and other bands should use someone else as a distributor. 90% of the customer experiences about them on here are negative.

I think the key thing for any business - especially those based online - is that customer service is key. Right now, MapleMusic has many angry customers posting about late orders to this forum, and to their Facebook and Twitter accounts. They've been largely unresponsive. Delays happen, fulfillment issues come up. But if customers are tipped off early in the process, most will be understanding.

I finally took it upon myself to find an email address for the president of MapleMusic's parent company, and let him know what I was going through. This week I've received emails from two different people letting me know my order is finally on its way. I'll believe it when I see it in my mailbox, of course...
Fabs1978 Wrote:I finally took it upon myself to find an email address for the president of MapleMusic's parent company, and let him know what I was going through. This week I've received emails from two different people letting me know my order is finally on its way. I'll believe it when I see it in my mailbox, of course...

Hopefully this finally gets resolved for you.
I haven't heard too many positive experiences with them. I have always been weary on ordering from them after hearing all the horror stories.
Anyone pre-order the hockey jersey like I did? Have you got it yet? I am still waiting yet is was supposed to ship on August 1st. Starting to get worried.
I have ordered about 20 different things through Maple Music over about the last 10 years, not once have I had an issue, but then when all of the sudden the entire country is all of the sudden in need of stuff they did not give a shit about for the last 10 years , it makes it hard for a company to adjust accordingly. Same thing happens every time Canada Post or UPS or FED EX threaten job action, the company where I work gets swamped and we cannot keep up, but we cant just hire more people and buy more trucks for what might be 1 or 2 weeks of extra work. I feel for the people at MM they probably have never been so busy for so long a time. I mean imagine every day having a normal day at work then all of the sudden every day having to work 50% harder day in and day out for months. Id snap.
B
.jpeg   image.jpeg (Size: 130.72 KB / Downloads: 20)

I have had nothing but complete satisfaction with the US Giftshop.
I have ordered two things separately and they both arrived super quick including the above awesome shirt.
I know they are not Maple but they deserved a shout out even with their limited selection.
PS: the above shirt is quite awesome. The pic does not do it justice. The writing is not just white but rather it has different colors throughout (almost like someone used a 4 color pen or something Confusedcratch: )
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana