Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Home page change?
Hey Lance, I had to do a double-take on the home page. I saw my avatar and post history on the front page and I was surprised. I like the idea, is this just a test?
Imagine a world before the "beginning was the word.”
Nope, <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7634">http://www.hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7634</a><!-- m -->

It is here to stay this time, I have tried this in the past with out any success. I got it right this time I believe.
I need 2 Kingston Tickets, please help.
Hey Lance, I like the new feature.
But I noticed something.
On the right of the screen the new feature with my avatar and the listing of the new posts, well it lists the new posts there since my last visit - but anywhere else in the forum no posts are highlighted, yellow flagged, whatever - to let me know there are new posts.
The only place they appear is in the new section you added.

**edit**
If I am in the forum, as long as I do not leave, new things are highlighted, but if I enter from the home page, nothing new is highlighted.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Tthip Wrote:Hey Lance, I like the new feature.
But I noticed something.
On the right of the screen the new feature with my avatar and the listing of the new posts, well it lists the new posts there since my last visit - but anywhere else in the forum no posts are highlighted, yellow flagged, whatever - to let me know there are new posts.
The only place they appear is in the new section you added.

**edit**
If I am in the forum, as long as I do not leave, new things are highlighted, but if I enter from the home page, nothing new is highlighted.

The posts that you see are the 3 latest to be posted on the forum. The "View posts since last visit (?)" link will show you everything you missed since the last visit. Those should be highlighted. Hope I answered your question.
I was just thinking, back before I actually registered for the Hipbase I used to read all the banter on the home page, and it was hilarious at times. The fights and namecalling was unreal. I liked it so much I had to join in.

As for the change...sorry to say I find it annoying having to go to two pages just to see which threads have been replied to with orange flags. I liked it better when I could just hit forum and the orange would appear. Maybe its just me. :oops:
It is a rare day that I actually vist the homepage... I set my bookmark for Hipbase to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts">http://www.hipbase.com/forum/search.php ... d=newposts</a><!-- m --> which brings up all of the posts since my last visit.

However after seeing this thread, I had to check it out and I noticed an alarming similarity between your "Hipeponymous Cover Released" posting and the one on hipfans.com...

Smile
chris Wrote:It is a rare day that I actually vist the homepage... I set my bookmark for Hipbase to <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipbase.com/forum/search.php?search_id=newposts">http://www.hipbase.com/forum/search.php ... d=newposts</a><!-- m --> which brings up all of the posts since my last visit.

However after seeing this thread, I had to check it out and I noticed an alarming similarity between your "Hipeponymous Cover Released" posting and the one on hipfans.com...

Smile

Yup, I copied it. I needed some news :lol:
Hey Lance, I dont know if its just me, but the new change isn't working for me, I click on the link to the "posts since last visit", I click and nothing, even though it said there was 10 new ones? It was doing that yesterday as well. Maybe this is a work in progress still I dont know. But I hate not having those orange flags!
LizardKing51 Wrote:Hey Lance, I dont know if its just me, but the new change isn't working for me, I click on the link to the "posts since last visit", I click and nothing, even though it said there was 10 new ones? It was doing that yesterday as well. Maybe this is a work in progress still I dont know. But I hate not having those orange flags!

Same thing and it's half angering me because now im choosing not to log on now.
LizardKing51 Wrote:Hey Lance, I dont know if its just me, but the new change isn't working for me, I click on the link to the "posts since last visit", I click and nothing, even though it said there was 10 new ones? It was doing that yesterday as well. Maybe this is a work in progress still I dont know. But I hate not having those orange flags!

yep.i get the same thing. the front page says there were 59 new posts, but when i click the "view new posts' link, it says that there are no new posts. i think that the links in the front page marks the forums unread.

i am going to have to change my bookmark to hipbase.com/forum i guess
mark Wrote:

yep.i get the same thing. the front page says there were 59 new posts, but when i click the "view new posts' link, it says that there are no new posts. i think that the links in the front page marks the forums unread.

i am going to have to change my bookmark to hipbase.com/forum i guess

This might be your browser cache. Refresh the page and see what happened.
hey Lance, I am having the same problem as above but when I click on the "view posts from last visit" I get a screen that pops up that says "No topics or posts met your search criteria"

When I go into the forum, none of the "yellow flags" new post indicators light up.
If you could please try clearing your cookies and login in. See if that helps.
alright, I can give that a try
going to try right now