Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hip VINYL Sale!
Dire Wolf Wrote:I will be doing one last Hip vinyl sale from my remaining A+ stash. All original, all analog NM pressings.
With your analog vs the Bob Ludwig remasters, is there a "better" audio with either?
I read article after article about this and it always comes down to "well, it depends"
I figure with Bob Ludwig working these they are very good, especially compared to the thrown to vinyl Ed Sheeran money grabs sold at Target.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
The original S/T, UTH, RA, FC and LBU analog pressings are gold, so the only reissues I picked up were DFN & TATH. Other than being from digital masters, Ludwig has added some compression. While far from perfect, the new DFN is more enjoyable than the original, for me. Sounds more like the record it should have been from day one. For TATH, I still prefer the original, however the reissue is very enjoyable. I will say that I’ve been listening to my original DFN more recently, because getting up every few minutes to flip the reissues is a pain in the butt.
"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
Dire Wolf Wrote:I will say that I’ve been listening to my original DFN more recently, because getting up every few minutes to flip the reissues is a pain in the butt.
Thanks
And, I must say, side 4 of TATH is my favorite of the reissues. What a daring, experimental song for them to explore.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
I just re-read this thread, the last sale was fun!

Cant wait to see what this sale brings..

Dire Wolf Wrote:I will be doing one last Hip vinyl sale from my remaining A+ stash. All original, all analog NM pressings. Let me know if there is any interest and I will post a list of what will be available.
I think I’d still like to add original pressings of Henhouse and Live Between Us to my collection. Keep me posted if copies of these will be available.
Nov 19, 1996 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 23, 1997 Winnipeg, MB
Feb 26, 1999 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 1, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 2, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Nov 23, 2004 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 20, 2007 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 7, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 9, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 10, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 11, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 7, 2011 Winnipeg, MB