Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hip VINYL Sale!
tell me its mine!

Dire Wolf Wrote:Trouble at the Henhouse (1996)

Beautiful SEALED copy!

$395 plus shipping and insurance

password: sherpa
:lol: $395 not $400 but $395 don't know why i found it so funny but i did.
Two PM's at 8:57pm...sale pending
"They're your blues, we just play 'em"
Arrrg!!!!

Dire Wolf Wrote:Two PM's at 8:57pm...sale pending
I passed on this. I don't think there's much point of buying a sealed copy if you're going to end up playing it. That said, the opened copies aren't much cheaper than this one.
Nov 19, 1996 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 23, 1997 Winnipeg, MB
Feb 26, 1999 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 1, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Oct 2, 2002 Winnipeg, MB
Nov 23, 2004 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 20, 2007 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 7, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 9, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 10, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Sept 11, 2009 Winnipeg, MB
Jul 7, 2011 Winnipeg, MB
Dec 1, 2012 Fargo, ND
Jan 26, 2013 Winnipeg, MB
Jan 28, 2013 Brandon, MB
Feb 14, 2015 Winnipeg, MB
Aug 5, 2016 Winnipeg, MB
Rye Wrote:I passed on this. I don't think there's much point of buying a sealed copy if you're going to end up playing it. That said, the opened copies aren't much cheaper than this one.
The last decent copy (only VG+) sold for $338 on ebay, over a year ago, before the recent price escalation. I was really comtemplating listing this one on ebay, just to see what would happen. I expect that the next sealed copy of TATH will be the first Hip vinyl to break the $500 ceiling on ebay. Day for Night is up to almost $300 and it's not even that rare. We'll see, but it could take some time. Notice the Hip vinyl cycles on ebay? Every once in a while, you see ebay flooded with Hip vinyl, because people try to cash in, but you never see TATH, because it's soo rare...only a few hundred pressed at most.
again, arrrg!!!

Dire Wolf Wrote:
Rye Wrote:I passed on this. I don't think there's much point of buying a sealed copy if you're going to end up playing it. That said, the opened copies aren't much cheaper than this one.
The last decent copy (only VG+) sold for $338 on ebay, over a year ago, before the recent price escalation. I was really comtemplating listing this one on ebay, just to see what would happen. I expect that the next sealed copy of TATH will be the first Hip vinyl to break the $500 ceiling on ebay. Day for Night is up to almost $300 and it's not even that rare. We'll see, but it could take some time. Notice the Hip vinyl cycles on ebay? Every once in a while, you see ebay flooded with Hip vinyl, because people try to cash in, but you never see TATH, because it's soo rare...only a few hundred pressed at most.
I'll find another copy...I always do. It's an addiction Confusedhock:

tonyd Wrote:again, arrrg!!!

Dire Wolf Wrote:
can anyone on here vouch for actually buying one of these records?
BIGVDOGG Wrote:can anyone on here vouch for actually buying one of these records?

I picked up 2 records from DireWolf's sale that I didn't previously have in my collection if that's what you're looking for.
srb Wrote:
BIGVDOGG Wrote:can anyone on here vouch for actually buying one of these records?

I picked up 2 records from DireWolf's sale that I didn't previously have in my collection if that's what you're looking for.
thx
The prices of some of these vinyls is crazy.... I love vinyl, and am definitely guilty of spending way too much on this hobby (almost 600 for my turntable alone), but I can't justify $375 for 1 LP.
This isn't a criticism BTW, as these are all low end of the spectrum for current market prices...but this is exactly why I'm holding out hope for the hip to reissue these albums shortly...yeah, I know the remastered are likely to be inferior to the originals, but it's my only hope of owning most of these. Congrats to the lucky ones who are scoring these: enjoy them, and play the hell out of 'em!!!

I can vouch for more than that: Direwolf took time out of his weekend to deliver them! :thumb: My only regret is that my mind, body, and house were in shambles after a raging Haloween party so we couldnt enjoy a beverage and a spin.
Some one in winnipeg is selling a Road apples LP. Maybe a Hipbaser?
[Image: %24(KGrHqJHJEMFBs(4c3S5BQmtO(EWHg~~48_20.JPG]
selling a German copy of Tragically Hip's Road Apples and two tour shirts as seen in pictures. Selling all for $150.00. Vinyl is in VG condition. 204-297-5948. May consider trading plus cash for Trouble at the Henhouse on LP.
http://winnipeg.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell...Z429437644
jgardz Wrote:The prices of some of these vinyls is crazy.... I love vinyl, and am definitely guilty of spending way too much on this hobby (almost 600 for my turntable alone), but I can't justify $375 for 1 LP.
This isn't a criticism BTW, as these are all low end of the spectrum for current market prices...but this is exactly why I'm holding out hope for the hip to reissue these albums shortly...yeah, I know the remastered are likely to be inferior to the originals, but it's my only hope of owning most of these. Congrats to the lucky ones who are scoring these: enjoy them, and play the hell out of 'em!!!

amen :thumb: