Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Etree Upload: 2004-10-15 - Minneapolis, MN
mojo_mattv Wrote:I'm pretty sure that I've gotten it all figured out, or at least I did until I hit "do it" on the upload page and I got this error message:

Upload failed!
invalid announce url! must be <b>http://www.thehiptracker.com/announce.php</b>

I've set the torrent to upload to that URL, but obviously something's wrong... :oops: :?

When you hit "Do It" your computer uploads the .torrent file you created to the server and then reads its contents. If the announce URL is off by even a space - before or after the proper URL - it will fail. Double check that there isn't a rogue space in the URL when you are creating the torrent.
For the record, this is a great recording.
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR $*%(@)$(^*!@#$%'S SAKE! Alright I checked the URL, nothing wrong with it but i put it in again just to make sure. That didn't work, so I tried deleting the torrent I'd created and making another one. Now it's telling me that the file I want to use to create a torrent is an "Invalid File!". The patience is draining from me I can feel it.
mojo_mattv Wrote:AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGgggggggggggggGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FOR $*%(@)$(^*!@#$%'S SAKE! .
I guess the Vuze interface is "interesting" - I have not tried to upload a torrent with it yet.
Try switching to classic.
1. got to options
2. Under interface click the "mode" button
3. Make sure you are least an Intermediate user.
4. Open the "interface" tab and open "start"
5. Click "show" next to "Display Vuze IU Chooser'
6. Choose the classic interface.
7. Restart and Follow the directions that Chris Chris posted and you should not have a problem, (at least that is what I use for my reference) And my problem always was that I tried to upload the folder contents instead of just the "FROG" that the torrent program created.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
mwuahahahahaha! That did it, thanks to EVERYBODY that helped. I just scared the shit out of my ma I got so excited that it finally uploaded lol. Anyways, it's up now I believe! Big Grin
If anybody tries to download it can they tell me whether or not it's working?
the archive is empty right? just want to make sure Im on the right page.

Been a rough year with the ecomony and now the whole family has the flu. And this years flu is NASTY!!
So a new Hip show would be great. Much needed haha. Wish I could use torrents but I have a work laptop

Thanks again Chris.
Ballgame Wrote:the archive is empty right? just want to make sure Im on the right page.

Been a rough year with the ecomony and now the whole family has the flu. And this years flu is NASTY!!
So a new Hip show would be great. Much needed haha. Wish I could use torrents but I have a work laptop

Thanks again Chris.

You've got me confused. What do you mean that the archive is empty? What site are you going to?
chris Wrote:
Ballgame Wrote:the archive is empty right? just want to make sure Im on the right page.

Thanks again Chris.

You've got me confused. What do you mean that the archive is empty? What site are you going to?

The link you posted. On the left archive is highlighted. Thought that mean that page was archive. Sounds like Im wrong. Big Grin

<!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipfans.com/shows">www.hipfans.com/shows</a><!-- w -->
Ballgame Wrote:
chris Wrote:

Thanks again Chris.

The link you posted. On the left archive is highlighted. Thought that mean that page was archive. Sounds like Im wrong. Big Grin

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipfans.com/shows">http://www.hipfans.com/shows</a><!-- m -->
What now? If you go to the page <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hipfans.com/shows">http://www.hipfans.com/shows</a><!-- m --> the word "Archive" in the top left is highlighted because that is the page you are on. If you enter the username and password in the corresponding fields you will be shown all of the shows that are available for download in the archive. Make sense?

The username is hipfans and the password is archive.

If you click on any of the other words along the top (HipFans.com, The Hip Tracker, The Hundredth Meridian, Bootleg Artwork, Hip Tabs, Hipography, or Hipbase) you will be taken to that corresponding page.
chris Wrote:If you click on any of the other words along the top (HipFans.com, The Hip Tracker, The Hundredth Meridian, Bootleg Artwork, Hip Tabs, Hipography, or Hipbase)
Chris I have always meant to ask you. Is it just me or can no one see the other words at the top?
To me they are almost identical to the color of the "header" background, so they appear hidden. I actually did not even know they were there for months.
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
Tthip Wrote:
chris Wrote:If you click on any of the other words along the top (HipFans.com, The Hip Tracker, The Hundredth Meridian, Bootleg Artwork, Hip Tabs, Hipography, or Hipbase)
Chris I have always meant to ask you. Is it just me or can no one see the other words at the top?
To me they are almost identical to the color of the "header" background, so they appear hidden. I actually did not even know they were there for months.

Thanks for the heads-up Dana. I just changed the colour to a much more noticeable shade of orange. The grey on grey provided enough contrast on my monitor but I just looked at it on another screen and the links definitely disappeared.
chris Wrote:I just changed the colour to a much more noticeable shade of orange.
Wow. Who knew. Very handy. Nice catch, Dana.
I finally got this up and running, I switched from Vuze to uTorrent and I'm finding it much much much simpler to use. Anyways, it's now available for download from the tracker.
mojo_mattv Wrote:I finally got this up and running, I switched from Vuze to uTorrent and I'm finding it much much much simpler to use. Anyways, it's now available for download from the tracker.
Thanks Matty. I'm on it!