Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DVD's of Upcoming Tour
Well folks, with a tour looming in the not so distant future, I think we should get a plan in place to make sure that as many people get to share in the shows as possible.

I will be taping, and making DVD's of as many shows as I can.

I don't think that I can take on what Peter did last year, but I'm willing to try.

Who else will be taping? What equipment will you be using?

I have a Panasonic MiniDV camera, and will probably use iMovie/iDVD/iTunes on my PowerMac to edit/convert/burn the shows I tape.
Although I do not have recording equipment, I do have a DVD burner and would be willing to assist in burning DVD's and doing B&P's for those who would like dvd's of the upcoming tour.

So, the masters of recording, go crazy and I'm available to help out.

Jamie
Sorry i wont be doing video on the next tour! I am retiring my video gear, and gonna try audio this time around. : )
As I have for the last couple of tours, I'll be renting most, if not all of my gear, and taping as many shows as I attend. I recently bought a DVD burner but the packaged software really sucks and I haven't yet had the time to investigate all of the different possibilties & combinations of software to use as a work-around. I'm pretty sure I should have it figured out by the time a tour rolls around, or I'd have to question why I bought the thing in the first place! B&P's might be a problem because of time constraints, but as always I'll try and get as many of my shows to the masses as possible.
I too will be filming and audio recording as many shows as I can go to. I haven't gotten a new video recorder yet but will before the tour. For audio I record with a sony md mz-r37 with giant squid mics. So far I get great sound out of my audio gear but may upgrade the md soon.

bauer
I got myself a new system with a DVD Burner. DVD burning, authoring and editing is something I am starting to learn. There is an awful lot to learn! With our 2nd baby on the way in June... my personal tour will be small this time around but I am willing to help rip some DVD's and possible add to the editing/adding menu's etc.. to some of the better shows if time permits. "Covers" for DVD's is another area I am working on right now (2003 barrie almost done).
Any suggestions on software for covers? I have Nero & Acoustica right now that I am trying...

Jeffro

OK I AM DONE THE DVD COVER FOR BARRIE FOR THOSE LOOKING... just go here
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ca.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/sherpa28/lst?&.dir=/JEFFRO%27s+COVERS&.src=bc&.view=l">http://ca.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ ... bc&.view=l</a><!-- m -->

or try this <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/20084a3b/bc/JEFFRO%27s+COVERS/Edgefest+DVD+Cover.jpg?bfdK6UABEW0Z6zW6">http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/20084a3b/b ... ABEW0Z6zW6</a><!-- m -->
bauer Wrote:I too will be filming and audio recording as many shows as I can go to. I haven't gotten a new video recorder yet but will before the tour. For audio I record with a sony md mz-r37 with giant squid mics. So far I get great sound out of my audio gear but may upgrade the md soon.

bauer

Are you happy with your mic's?
I am very happy with my mics. the battery box is small and the mics clip to my hat wich is very handy. I get great sound in most places.
Anyone here try or know of any hipbasers that have tried "authoring" a hip-dvd ? I am in the process of doing the Barrie, Edgefest one right now and found some software that seems to be working not bad.. just curious to compare notes... on menu's, background music etc..
thecompletist Wrote:I got myself a new system with a DVD Burner. DVD burning, authoring and editing is something I am starting to learn. There is an awful lot to learn!....
....OK I AM DONE THE DVD COVER FOR BARRIE FOR THOSE LOOKING... just go here
Hey Jeffro
Check out dvdrhelp.com. The forums there are huge and so is the software archive. Many handy tips & programs to get you through.
Your DVD cover looks awesome :thumb: The only thing I would like to see is a pic of the band jamming and a close-up pic of Gord on the back cover (instead of two large close-ups of Gord). Even the little pic at the bottom is Gord. Anyways dude, great job!
TLB
Ok so once i click the link i just print it off? or do i need some sorta program to size it right ?
I will not give up. My face is set,my gait is fast,my goal is heaven,my road is narrow,my way is rough,my companions are few,my guide is reliable,my mission is clear. I cannot be bought,compromised,detoured,lured away,turned back,diluted or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice,hesitate in the presence of adversity,negotiate at the table of the enemy,ponder at the pool of popularity,or meander in the maze of mediocrity. I will not give up,shut up or slow down....Blessed Be!
Ya I've been hanging on dvdrhelp.com for awhile now...I was just asking here to get other feedback. As for all the pics of Gord..I feel the same way and was just lazy versus going into the video itself and taking some frame-pics.... which i think I know how to do... I just may do it and update the cover....

The cover I just saved it as it was out of my Acoustica label program.
Ok... I managed to grab 2 different pics out of the video but had a bitch of a time saving anymore than these.(long story) I modified the Cover abit & think it's better... they are both at :
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ca.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/sherpa28/lst?&.dir=/JEFFRO%27s+COVERS&.src=bc&.view=l">http://ca.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/ ... bc&.view=l</a><!-- m -->
Damn those look really good, great job ! :thumb:
Yeah those are both re***y nice. I think I like the first one better though. :thumb: