Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belleville DVD release Date? is there one?
Anybody know when or if the Belleville DVD will be released? I have to get my hands on it, the audion just isn't enough!!!! Thanks for any info
in due time , grasshopper

it will be released when it is released.( there is no guarantee that it will be released) especially if people hound or pressure the recorder . + the tracker is changing hosts so where would you like it to be released
i do believe that it WILL be released, but as to when, who knows...WE ALL have shows we want asap but patience is a virtue....plus, with only 2 guys putting together all the shows, it just takes time....
Hmmm.... when oh when will people stop asking for a taper to share something? It is a courtesy that tapers share their recordings; not a requirement. If you want a recording of a show, make your own. Otherwise, sit tight and when we get time, we'll get the shows out.
don't piss the tapers off and ruin it for everyone
As I've stated elsewhere, if you record it yourself, you won't have to wait :thumb:
hey now, definately didn't mean to piss anyone off, just excited to see it thats all. Ireally appreciate all the work everyone has put into these things
On the list of things to do in a day, editing/authoring DVDs barely makes it, if at all. On a day where it does, and then I read an email or post from someone who is tired of waiting for a show, editing/authoring drops off the list again...
Why does every taper take offence when someone asks whether a show will come out or not? For crying out loud, he just wanted to know if it was going to be released or not. The negativity around here is sickening......
Because it's endless. If you want a recording of a show, tape it yourself. There's nothing else to say. There are far too many people our there who are ignorant or arrogant or both and believe that they deserve a recording that a taper made.

You don't.
Just as I suspected, a classy comment from a class guy. I'm sure the "Bite Me" response was your form of sarcasm, but you're negativity shines through with your "let's get mad" at him for no real reason comment. Why get mad? Everyone appreciates the work that tapers do and we know that it does take time, but you shouldn't be afraid to inquire about the stage that a show is at without getting attacked.

The whole vibe of this board is heading in the same direction that it was at alt.music.tragically-hip back in the early/mid 90s..... Everyone trying to out fan one another. Aren't we all here for the same reason.... our love of the Hip and our excitment when that amazing show that you went to finally comes out so that you can relive all of those amazing moments?

Flame it you must.....
No flaming... but your post confuses me as it doesn't relate to my response at all....

Re-read what I wrote and if you still don't understand why tapers/traders get uptight about it, I'll see if I can explain it another way.

And your potshots at me really paint you in a good light.
And you know what, I could understand your beef with me if I was a taper who kept everything to myself and bragged about all the great recordings I have. But that's not the case. I tape every show I go to. I created and maintain Bit Torrent site specifically to share the recordings I have, and those that my friends make. I took over thehundredthmeridian.com FTP site to keep it alive to share more shows, with more fans. I spend hundreds of hours tracking, synchronizing, editing and authoring DVDs that I share. I've spent thousands of dollars on the right equipment to tape and distribute. And all for what? So ignorant fans can get on my case about the time I'm taking in releasing a show? What more can I do? Come on jamseyb, really show me what kind of an ass you are and tell me what I should be doing to be more positive.

And to answer the original question of this thread, use the search feature - I started a thread that answers the questions of if and/or when can I get a recording.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9500">http://hipbase.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9500</a><!-- m -->
I think Dodgy's original post was an innocent and genuine question and not a "Hop to it, Bitches!" demand. Little did he know that it would re-ignite this ticking time bomb. :rambo:

The fact that such material is not only able to be, but freely shared amoung fans is something to be most thankful for. Secondly, and probably owed more thanks, are the people who take the time and energy to make the recordings a reality. They paid just as much for their ticket as you did, but their primary concern is not enjoying the show, but capturing it. No washroom breaks aloud! :wink:

Chris and others are doing this out of the goodness of their hearts. Imagine the hours spent editing and mixing the video. You'd swear that some of the lastest releases were done by a professional studio. That stuff takes a whack load of patience, skill, but most of all... time. And we're not compensating them for their efforts -- maybe we should be! Would that speed up the process? If just comes down to a matter of time, then no it probably wouldn't. Just keep in mind that getting DVDs out to all the Hip fans isn't necessarily a constant priority for them. And it's probably not something you can sit down for a half hour when you happen to have the spare time and do.

I can completely understand being anxious about getting a show on DVD. And Dodgy, this isn't direted personally at you, but this stuff takes time. And they've got how many shows to wade through with the "Summer Fling" tour and now in support of "World Container"? But Chris, if you're actually getting PMs/e-mails/hatemail from people demanding shows... I'd be just as disgruntled as you are. That's bullshit.

Just know that there are people who really appreciate the time, work and effort that's put in by you tapers. Hopefully that's something that brightens you day when you hear how awesome your work is. It just might... might make it all worth it and allow you to forget about all the hecklers.
I was talking about the "Bite Me" response to my post that was there and then miracuously gone.... hmmmmm, how could that have happened? That's what set me off.... so my post may seem a little confusing when what I initially responded to is no longer in the thread. You also missed my point as well. Never did I question the time that you put into recording mastering, and whatnot. I'm not saying that you don't do a great service for Hip fans. You just don't need to attack everyone who asks a simple question. That's all I'm saying.