Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anywhere other than The Hip Tracker to get new live shows?
Tthip Wrote:
rocketsan22 Wrote:Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?
On this site they host tons of live shows - not just Hip.
Here is one recent Hip show:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=501063">http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=501063</a><!-- m -->

Hipman and tomcat9 often upload torrents and seed for a long time on etree. i think they have turned on quite a few to the hip that wouldn't otherwise have ever heard them. i got all of the sixer tapes from there. i used check it quite often but now mostly just stick to chris' tracker for hip shows.
tber Wrote:Believe me I REALLY want to do my share with uploading but it seems everyone that want's them gets them immediately and there is 25 seeders and 2 leechers.

I know there have been some issues with this and I know Chris has asked people to stop seeding so that others can seed, so he is trying to help in this area as well. I know if I'm seeding something in the moring than it'll run until I get home from work, for the most part I jump off when I hit 1.00, unless there aren't many seeders.
dreyfuss Wrote:I know there have been some issues with this and I know Chris has asked people to stop seeding so that others can seed, so he is trying to help in this area as well. I know if I'm seeding something in the moring than it'll run until I get home from work, for the most part I jump off when I hit 1.00, unless there aren't many seeders.
I uploaded a whole new torrent (while not leeching anything), and my ratio didn't budge! I really don't care though... we'll until my ratio goes REALLY far down!
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
I'm no expert on this but maybe your client isn't reporting properly to the tracker? Sometimes it takes until your next login to update.
sean.bonner Wrote:
dreyfuss Wrote:I know there have been some issues with this and I know Chris has asked people to stop seeding so that others can seed, so he is trying to help in this area as well. I know if I'm seeding something in the moring than it'll run until I get home from work, for the most part I jump off when I hit 1.00, unless there aren't many seeders.
I uploaded a whole new torrent (while not leeching anything), and my ratio didn't budge! I really don't care though... we'll until my ratio goes REALLY far down!
What show was it? How much data did you upload? What percentage of your total uploads does it represent?

As well, if your client is not configured to accept peers only from the tracker, the tracker will not capture all of your stats. Some clients allow connections directly from other clients - these are the ones that the tracker cannot track.

Get it? :lol:
Do you use a router and if so have you port forwarded?
Thanks for the suggestion! Previously I was getting maximum upload speeds of about 4 kb/s... now I'm getting 40 kb/s. Guess that's why I was having problems maintaining my ratio.

Nick

theAryanTwang Wrote:Those of you with cogeco or rogers or any other company throttling torrents can try changing your port in your torrent client to 1720. Fixed it for me.... I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with them being unable to block that port because it's used for VoIP.
chris Wrote:What show was it? How much data did you upload? What percentage of your total uploads does it represent?
Get it? :lol:
It was the Lewiston show, and I guess it was about 500mbs. And I you're probably right about the percentage. Thats probably the problem.

S'all good :jump
2004-12-03 - Saint John/2005-09-03 - Moncton/2006-06-30 - Charlottetown/2006-11-09/10 - Montreal/2007-09-11 - Fredericton/2007-09-13 - Halifax/2007-09-14 - Sydney/2007-09-15 - Charlottetown/2008-06-30 - Charlottetown/2009-05-01/02 - Montreal/2011-06-28 - Moncton/2011-06-30 - Charlottetown/2012-06-30 - Niagara-on-the-Lake/2013-02-01 - Moncton/2013-02-02 - Halifax/2015-01-10 - Toronto/2015-02-20 - Montreal/2015-07-17 - Ottawa/2016-08-18 - Ottawa/2016-08-20 - Kingston
longseason Wrote:Do you use a router and if so have you port forwarded?

I think this is still whats causing me problems. :roll:
Zenith Wrote:

Hopefully this link will help you with your router problems:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm
srb Wrote:
Zenith Wrote:

Hopefully this link will help you with your router problems:

http://www.portforward.com/routers.htm

Thanks. I'm having some trouble with the section regarding the IP address of my router. It's far too late to be figuring that out now though. :roll: I'll have another go, another time.

Thanks for the link though, srb. Big Grin
Dammit... it was working great... now all of a sudden I'm back to a max. upload speed of 4 kb/s! I hate Rogers....

Nick

nhaste Wrote:Thanks for the suggestion! Previously I was getting maximum upload speeds of about 4 kb/s... now I'm getting 40 kb/s. Guess that's why I was having problems maintaining my ratio.

Nick

theAryanTwang Wrote:Those of you with cogeco or rogers or any other company throttling torrents can try changing your port in your torrent client to 1720. Fixed it for me.... I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with them being unable to block that port because it's used for VoIP.
One thing you may consider in attempting to thwart bandwidth throttling by your ISP is to tunnel your traffic through an SSH session (SSH stands for secure shell, kinda like telnet)

If you've got a host that you can SSH into, you can tunnel (piggyback) any and any traffic over your SSH connection.

The reason this works is because SSH is encrypted and it appears that the traffic is traveling on port 22. This worked for me on shaw before I switched to telus (who, as far as I can tell, does not throttle).

If you need more information on how to do this, try googling for ssh tunneling.

Hope this helps
That's a great idea Gordon... It's got me wondering if I should switch back to Rogers from Sympatico?? For the same price Rogers provides a 6meg connection vs 3meg for Sympatico.