Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anywhere other than The Hip Tracker to get new live shows?
Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?
sometimes shows end up on dimeadozen.org or the tradersden.org

Ron
It depends on whether the tapers are happy with having their shows distributed in lossy (i.e. mp3) formats. It wouldn't really be practical to host a .flac show on an FTP site. Sorry. Sad

You could try your luck on <!-- w --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.thepiratebay.org">www.thepiratebay.org</a><!-- w --> - there is no share ratio on there. Wink
rocketsan22 Wrote:Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?
B&P's are always an option.

I will not be putting any DVDs, FLACs or MP3s of the new shows on the FTP site.

Although some service providers do not allow torrent uploading, there are ways around it. Use a good Bit Torrent client and switch on encryption - and you'll be back in business. It will take you a little longer to reach 1.0, but you can do it. Or switch providers; that's what I did. I was with Rogers, but I did so much torrenting and needed all of my bandwidth and connectability that I switched to Sympatico. The cost and speed is nearly identical.

This ratio thing has really got people up in arms; without the ratio system too many people just grab the show they want and run, leaving the generous among us to seed for everyone.

If anyone has a suggestion other than ratio bans to solve this problem, I'm listening and willing to try just about anything.
rocketsan22 Wrote:Some service providers (ie. Cogeco) do not allow for torrent uploading so ratio demands will never be able ot be met. Does anyone kow any other servers hosting these shows? Or, will they be on the ftp?
On this site they host tons of live shows - not just Hip.
Here is one recent Hip show:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=501063">http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=501063</a><!-- m -->
"We're forced to bed, but we're free to dream"
Dana
chris Wrote:This ratio thing has really got people up in arms; without the ratio system too many people just grab the show they want and run, leaving the generous among us to seed for everyone.

If anyone has a suggestion other than ratio bans to solve this problem, I'm listening and willing to try just about anything.

I understand the need for the ratios entirely, and agree with it - the problem I have though is that a lot of people don't always want what I have to seed (Phantom Acoustics for example). I try and seed as much as I can, as I want to help, but if there aren't the leechers then I can't get my ratio up.

Are people only banned from the tracker if they never seed anything?
Zenith Wrote:
chris Wrote:This ratio thing has really got people up in arms; without the ratio system too many people just grab the show they want and run, leaving the generous among us to seed for everyone.

I understand the need for the ratios entirely, and agree with it - the problem I have though is that a lot of people don't always want what I have to seed (Phantom Acoustics for example). I try and seed as much as I can, as I want to help, but if there aren't the leechers then I can't get my ratio up.

The best thing that you can do is jump on early to one of the many new shows that are popping up right now. Get on early and stay on long (even if for some crazy reason you don't want to keep the show). Everyone will want what you've got then. It's easy to keep you ratio up if you're dealing in recent shows. I've already got a good ratio, so I'll be getting off of all of these torrents relatively early, to allow some others the chance to seed.
My problem was that I grabbed a bunch of Sam Roberts and Ron Hawkins - non Hip stuff this summer, and left it open forever...and nobody else seemed to want it.

Now I cannot access the tracker. Not complaining at all...I completely agree about the share ratio as it is only fair. I think that the new tour and new shows being added would help to improve many people's share ratio, but then again maybe not. I am sure many will take what they need and go.

As long as people out there are still willing and open to B+P, I am happy. I just like to get a copy (audio or DVD) of the shows I personally attend.

I really wish they sold live shows (soundboard quality) in the fashion of Pearl Jam. I might go broke, but it would make things easier for me.
My problem with the tracker ratio thing is my download rates are throttled. It takes me longer to get a audio show than most people. It seems that for the most part, the same group of people are getting these shows and seeding them too. Believe me I REALLY want to do my share with uploading but it seems everyone that want's them gets them immediately and there is 25 seeders and 2 leechers.
Hairbird Wrote:
Zenith Wrote:

The best thing that you can do is jump on early to one of the many new shows that are popping up right now. Get on early and stay on long (even if for some crazy reason you don't want to keep the show). Everyone will want what you've got then. It's easy to keep you ratio up if you're dealing in recent shows. I've already got a good ratio, so I'll be getting off of all of these torrents relatively early, to allow some others the chance to seed.

Fair enough, I'll give that a go. Big Grin
I'm sure it's been mentioned previously, but it's always a good idea to keep an eye on the unseeded torrents on the tracker. There's a link at the top left of the page, and usually a half-dozen or so shows looking for a seeder. Other than that, jumping on new torrents is your best bet right now.
1. Make sure you have all your hardware and software configured properly. With data encryption you can get around almost every ISP attempt to block/throttle your speed.
2. Get on a torrent as soon as it is posted and limit your upload speed to 40k and max out your download speed. Once you have downloaded a reasonable percentage of the show, limit your download speed, and max out your upload speed. Keep it that way for the balance of the download. That's what I've done on all the other trackers I frequent and I have not had any issue maintaining a ratio.

If any one has been banned, and still wants to be a part of the tracker, send me a PM - I've worked something out for every person who has so far.
Thanks Chris. I need to figure out my port configurations - It's confusing the hell out of me at the moment. I've downloaded, and going to give, BitComet a go to see if that makes a difference. I can still seed shows, but I never seem to get above 28kbps.
Those of you with cogeco or rogers or any other company throttling torrents can try changing your port in your torrent client to 1720. Fixed it for me.... I think I read somewhere that it has something to do with them being unable to block that port because it's used for VoIP.
Tried changing it in Azureus and when I tried to change my port to 1720 and test it it says: Testing Port 1720...NAT error