Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anyone have a Gord Downie Secret Path pre-sale code?
Artist pre-sale in 8 min (10am on Wed). Anyone have a code?
Your first post in this forum is to get a pre-sale code?

Good luck.
Just because I'm a newbie to the forum does not mean I am not a "real" fan. Not mutually exclusive. Hopefully, see you at the show....
You very well may be a "real" fan, but the optics aren't great.
thats for sure
Apologies for the optics. I'm sure if we all try hard enough, we'll all get in. Didn't mean to spread any negative vibes.
Moved to the solo forum.
Jeff

June 21, 2003 Toronto, ON: SkyDome
July 1, 2004 Toronto, ON: Molson Amphitheatre
November 26, 2004 Toronto, ON: Air Canada Centre
June 24, 2006 Toronto, ON: Historic Fort York
May 10, 2007 Indianapolis, IN: The Vogue
July 14, 2011 Edmonton, AB: Northlands Festival Site
June 30, 2012 Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON: The Commons at Butler's Barracks
January 23, 2013 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
July 28, 2016 Edmonton, AB: Rexall Place
LoftyPines Wrote:Your first post in this forum is to get a pre-sale code?

Good luck.

To be fair, he joined 7 years ago. It's not likely he's someone just looking to scalp tickets. I have been a huge fan for a long time, but I just joined recently because I wasn't aware of the forum.

Hope everyone got tickets. For those who haven't, good luck tomorrow.
That a valid point, and something I missed when responding. However it is common practice for scalpers to use fan forums to gather information to help them access tickets.

After the way scalpers hoarded tickets for the summer tour, safe to say I was on high alert.

I sincerely hope everyone who wants to attend these shows is able to get tickets at face value. Good luck everyone!
"That a valid point, and something I missed when responding. However it is common practice for scalpers to use fan forums to gather information to help them access tickets.

After the way scalpers hoarded tickets for the summer tour, safe to say I was on high alert."

I don't know how many tickets were actually for sale to the general public at any point. TBQH Even if every Stubhub/Vividseats ticket was a unique listing they only amounted to about 10%-15% of the venue capacity. Stubhub especially is used for industry folks who don't want ID known to general public at any point.

The music industry is a seedy business...and from what I can tell it was handled the same way any current "A" lister (Kanye, Taylor Swift, Bieber etc) is. We never did see those numbers for tickets released for sale to general public. Short of some kind of smokinggun style leak we never will. If 60% were up for grabs for normal folks like us, that's about 20% more than the norm.

Scalpers suck, and they make a bad situation worse...but it's the many "connected" industry folks that either hoard for themselves, trade for shows they actually wanna go to, or resell on Stubhub that ruins everything people might actually be interested buying a ticket for. Those people suck the most by far. Bot using Scalpers are the second tier of people who suck in this situation!

Bottom line, I am thrilled that Gord obviously has more control in his solo tours because Photo ID/Credit Card entry is the only way to stop the feeding frenzy. 2600 people at Roy Thompson Hall....there's still a percentage of those tickets held back for Gord's ppl/industry ppl etc but it doesn't seem like a significant amount. 13million people live in Ontario....how many were trying Wed/Fri to get tickets? We should consider ourselves lucky if we got tickets...and those who didn't: at least someone else isn't selling what could have been yours for 10 times face value.