Poll: Will Gord come out with another solo album?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
0%
0 0%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 0 vote(s) 0%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Gordie solo album..
grooveless touque Wrote:I'd love to hear some instrumentals by Gord S or Bobby...I know they write a lot, so it'd be nice to have something put up on the Hip Club...just some odds and ends from the studio or something.

of course that would mean an actual update of the site
there will always be a gord downie! every "band" always has a solo artist come out of it after they break up or before!....if they were a solo artist once....they will be a solo artist till they die.
it might be a spur of the moment thing with gord downie(his solo stuff). just as long as talented individuals put all their effort into what ever they do.

i am wondering, his solo stuff doesnt sound like hip, so do general hip fans like the music, or is it the personality and lyrics ect?
me i like the hip more(duh?), but am also diggin' the fact he sounds like an indie artist that does exactly what he wants with no overhead influence of band, producers, or record companies!
fucker Wrote:there will always be a gord downie! every "band" always has a solo artist come out of it after they break up or before!....if they were a solo artist once....they will be a solo artist till they die.
it might be a spur of the moment thing with gord downie(his solo stuff). just as long as talented individuals put all their effort into what ever they do.

i am wondering, his solo stuff doesnt sound like hip, so do general hip fans like the music, or is it the personality and lyrics ect?
me i like the hip more(duh?), but am also diggin' the fact he sounds like an indie artist that does exactly what he wants with no overhead influence of band, producers, or record companies!

Yeah, Gord has the kind of indie sound in his solo stuff. Maybe that's because his band is pretty much made up of Canadian indie heroes, Julie Doiron (eric's tripp and solo), and the Dinner is Ruined (Dr. Pee, Dale, Dave). Josh is a little more mainstream with the Skydiggers but they still have an indie sound. Gord does what he wants and makes the music he wants to make. That's why I respect him so much as an artist, the fact that he seems to have the Neil Young attitude of making music for the love of it. Gord knew a lot of Hip fans wouldn't like his solo work but he had to do it to fulfill his artistic ambitions. I am a fan of the Hip and Gord solo. I mean, if there was no Hip his solo stuff is still damn good and deserves attention on its own. Gord and Neil are two true artists in every sense of the word. I just got Silver and Gold by Neil young yesterday. MAN! Neil is such a musical force, he can play any style of music and the music has so much soul that you can't help but love it.
GOD IS NEIL YOUNG!
I would love to see Gord do it again. I loved CMG it was great. I didn't get into Battle so much. My mom picked up on it and bought me his book for christmas lol. Lets hope to see him try it again. He will I think he knows will line up for it .
I actually thought CMG was better than any Hip album, save possibly DFN. The second solo CD, however, is fun but way too short; unlike the Hip it arguably gives less than full value for the dollar. If the Hip were to break up (God forbid), I would happily buy Gord's solo stuff without too much trauma---musically his solo work is much more interesting and varied than that of the band, and points to a direction that the band should have moved towards, IMHO.

Hey, I just thought of something...'Coke Machine Glow...' Coke is a 'pop'...is he remarking that the book of poetry exists and is made possible by the 'glow' cast by his pop career? :mrgreen: Or am I being too cute?
Killer Whale Tank Wrote:I actually thought CMG was better than any Hip album, save possibly DFN. The second solo CD, however, is fun but way too short; unlike the Hip it arguably gives less than full value for the dollar. If the Hip were to break up (God forbid), I would happily buy Gord's solo stuff without too much trauma---musically his solo work is much more interesting and varied than that of the band, and points to a direction that the band should have moved towards, IMHO.

Hey, I just thought of something...'Coke Machine Glow...' Coke is a 'pop'...is he remarking that the book of poetry exists and is made possible by the 'glow' cast by his pop career? :mrgreen: Or am I being too cute?

I think you're reaching Big Grin
I was thinking about this last night as I was watching The Hip on MUCH I & I from 2000. I def. think he should go for it. 8)
yeahhhhhhhh gord should come out wit another solo album!!! that would rock hehe the songs are jus kool cus they sound different from anything else that i listen to or ever heard basically. ROCK ON! :jump
Quote:Of course he'll smegging do another one! That's like a whole new side of him that's opened up. He's not just gonna turn it off snub the Country of Miracles.

"smegging" :thumb:

someone else who likes Red Dwarf!!